**Immediate openings, ability to start in days!!**
Starting Pay - $17.50 per hour
Holiday Pay – 1.5x pay for worked holidays!
Free Sundae or shake on every Shift!!
Employee Discount – 50% off everything!
Quarterly Bonus opportunity!!
Store Hours – Monday - Saturday 11:00am - 8:00pm ; Sunday - 11:00am - 7:00pm
Shifts could be up to 2 hours before/after store hours for prep/cleaning.
Ghirardelli's employees are the face of our company. They set us apart from other retailers. They are ambassadors of our brand and over the past 48 years, our Restaurant and Retail division has evolved from a single soda fountain and retail store in Ghirardelli Square into a dynamic department, with over 700 colleagues. We believe our vision is changing the way the consumer experiences chocolate and our objective is to be America's #1 premium chocolate company.
The Supervisor will be responsible and accountable for various aspects of managing our store and upholding the high standards of the company and its reputation. The supervisor will help the general manager and his or her management team to ensure that the store operates in a way that helps deliver excellent customer service, maximizes financial return, and fosters an environment that makes Ghirardelli a great place to work for our employees.
- Ensures the well-being of store and its employees through effective management of safety and risk, including prevention, escalation, and response
- Effectively and timely communicates with all levels of the organization by following company standards of team-building, recognition, and professionalism
- Works closely with store personnel, general manager, store and division management teams, and Ghirardelli corporate liaisons, such as human resources, IT, finance, and payroll
Restaurant and Retail Operations
- Effectively prioritizes daily store activities under the direction of the general manager
- Manages operations of total sales floor or sales units (e.g., cash/wrap, retail, or fountain areas) and ensures Chocolateers and optimizing resources and strategically placed
- Serves a principal point of contact with Corporate employees and outside vendors if no management members are present at the store, especially while covering absences, vacations, and leaves
- Upholds the values of exemplary customer service by modeling behavior and leadership
- Monitors sales and labor cost issues in real-time with a goal to maximize profitability without sacrificing customer service
- Responds in a timely manner to all escalated customer service issues
- Maintains high standards of cleanliness, food/product safety, and branding requirements, including monitoring of communications with guests regarding allergens ensuring company policy is strictly followed
- Properly uses MICROS system and its functionality
- Assists with payroll, scheduling, interviewing, selection, in-service training, under the auspices of the general manager and in conjunction with the human resources and payroll departments
- Develops Chocolateers using coaching, mentoring, and empowerment practices
- Handles basic Chocolateer employee relations functions, including discipline or suspensions as needed under the direction of the general manager
- Serves as a general resource and role model for Chocolateers
Specific Knowledge and Skills
- Clear, professional, and effective oral and written communication
- Team-building skills of empathy, rapport-building, delegation, and empowerment
- Ability to manage time effectively and be self-directed under minimal supervision
- Ability to conduct evidence-based business forecasting for sales and resource needs
- Familiarity with point of sale systems, such as MICROS
- Knowledge of restaurant or retail management techniques
Education and Work Experience
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- One or more years of related experience in a fast-paced restaurant or retail environment with six or more months as a supervisor preferred
- Rare to Occasional ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Ability to travel to various locations across the country
Apply on company website