Responsible for providing and creating robust analytical support to the Grocery Sales Team. Designs and maintains sales and inventory data reports to be used for fact based selling with the sales teams. Manages trade plans, spending and forecasting in conjunction with sales leaders.
· Support achievement of key business objectives:
- Sales budget and share targets.
- Merchandising, assortment, pricing and shelving (MAPS) objectives with each customer.
- Account penetration with identified key decision makers and leveraging relationships to achieve desired business results.
· Assess trends, analyze data and identify key customer opportunities to help build strategic business plans.
· Utilize internal sales data, syndicated data and customer-specific POS to develop actionable insights, strategies and tactics.
· Generate weekly, monthly, 13-week and 52-week reports and category overviews.
· Provide analytical support for accurate demand consensus forecasting.
· Analyze, track and monitor basic and seasonal business results (sales, share, retail impact, etc.) versus objectives using designated tools (Cognos, IRI, Nielsen, Meijer Vendornet and ShopperView,).
· Actively communicate project status, competitive activity and other business-critical information both internally and externally as needed.
· Manage customer forecasting template activities
· Work with customer personnel to ensure on-time shipping, resolve EDI issues, ensure proper inventory at customer facilities, process returns, resolve pricing errors, weekly order tracking, etc.
· Assist in development of customer presentations
· Maintain existing sales reports and design new reports as needed based on ongoing tool investments.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Strong analytical, problem solving and follow-up skills.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks, adapt to changing priorities, respond with urgency to requests and remain focused on strategic imperatives.
· Proficiency in all sales technology and customer-specific business applications. (IRI/AC Nielsen, Windows, spreadsheets, graphics, databases, word processing.)
Apply on company website