Ghirardelli is looking for a Supply Chain Scheduling and Planning person who has an analytical mindset and loves to solve challenging chocolate orders to meet customer demands. You will be responsible for weekly detailed scheduling and planning monthly production of finished goods and use our ERP system to confirm that the proper quantity and quality of raw materials and packaging are available for use in advance of production. You will ensure compliance with company policies, practices, and procedures to contribute to operational efficiency and cost effectiveness through the scheduling of the production lines. Through all of this you have the ability to recommend, develop, implement and manage safety, quality and food safety on all product lines.Production Planning
- Participate in the planning and scheduling of seasonal and new product launches
- Accountable for planning and maintaining weekly detailed production schedules for assigned production lines 12 months in advance and minimize excess inventory
- Schedule incorporating known constraints in order to maximize throughput through process bottlenecks
- Confirm significant forecast changes with the Demand Planning department
- Devise alternate plans when monthly and weekly production plans need revisions
- Work with the Production team to utilize mass production and to correctly utilize available staffing during peak production periods.
- Maintain and update data to generate reports and distribute information to internal customers.
- Provide IM/BOM input for new items and component transitions.
- Level load the capacity in the plant by prebuilding inventory prior to the peak season based on product shelf life and the Supply Planning pre build plan.
- [DM1] Provide coverage for other planner's duties when necessary.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Proactively respond to material shortages or quality defects affecting scheduled production*
- Monitor WIP inventory and incorporate WIP availability into the production plan*
- Manage the execution and communicate packaging and ingredient transitions to all affected parties.
- Responsible for the coordination of the availability of materials between Procurement, Warehouse, and Production*
- Coordinate and follow-up with Purchasing on materials and ingredients required for production.
- Monitor aged finished goods and WIP items inventory. Take corrective action when required.
- Computer literacy in MS office and Enterprise planning systems
- Knowledge of production environment
- Ability to efficiently work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to be flexible and offer creative solutions in a fast paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and logical thinking skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics or Operations preferred and/or 2 to 4 years' experience in related field
- Knowledge of production planning in a manufacturing environment
Apply on company website