The Team Lead Customer Supply Chain plays a key role in the development and implementation of the Company Customer Supply Chain Capability Roadmap. The roadmap should outline the optimal sequence and priority of customer supply chain offerings that best meet our customer requirements and drive value for the Company. As Ghirardelli continues to rapidly grow its business in the premium chocolate segment, retailers are increasingly looking for us to provide leading-edge supply chain solutions that deliver mutual value. This role will be responsible for all customers, with a focus on several key customers that fit into Ghirardelli's growth strategy (Walmart, Target, Kroger, Amazon). This person will play a key role in developing, implementing and executing offerings such as VMI, CPFR, bracket pricing, logistics efficiency programs, customer fine monitoring, Adjustable Rate Policy, and S&OP through his/her CSC team.
This individual will also play a key role as the Customer Supply Chain Lead for the McLane business and primary retailers (Walgreens, Walmart, and Sam's). As the largest direct shipment customer, it is critical that we develop a process for managing all aspects of the McLane supply chain efficiently. This role will be tasked with developing and implementing a plan to support McLane demand to include people, process, and system requirements. This includes strategic initiatives, such as Q4 forecast planning/execution, efficiency programs, and VMI. This role will ultimately be tasked with leveraging learning from their work with McLane to recommend, gain alignment to, and lead implementation of Ghirardelli's Customer Supply Chain Capability throughout the organization.
People leadership and development is a key component of this role. The TL Customer Supply Chain will develop and share Best Practices, implement consistent training (OTJ and other), and build a common capability platform across his/her team. Though each individual on the team will have varied customer/project responsibilities, they will be linked through a common Strategic Planning platform and goals.
· Lead the Customer Supply Chain Roadmap design, development, and implementation with the vision of building Ghirardelli's Customer Supply Chain Capability in the next 3-5 years
· Lead the effort to develop the system and process for managing all McLane customer supply chain needs with a priority focus on improving the demand signal/forecasting.
Ø Discovery – understanding current process & system capability to outline best ‘future state'
Ø Process development – outline ‘future state' process for McLane and retailers (WM, Sam's, Walgreens)
Ø Customer interface/influence
Ø Forecast development & integration into Company process/number
Ø VMI implementation
Ø S&OP integration
· They will need to understand the industry CPFR/VMI best practices and reconcile these with our company culture and practices to develop a working process for McLane, our largest ship-to customer. They will then need to be able to articulate this in the form of a recommendation to gain alignment to the vision, generate support and subsequently to lead implementation within the organization and with the customer.
· They will need to utilize customer data to develop use cases that will benefit both Ghirardelli and the customer, such as improving forecast accuracy/in stocks, new item introduction tracking, developing discontinued run out process, etc.
· Development of Customer Supply Chain Scorecards, required actions, metrics. Once mutually agreed to metrics are developed, tracking and progress must be made.
· Strategic thinking: able to develop a vision for the priority and sequencing of various CSC initiatives in a way that maximizes value for the Company and our Customers
· Analytical: must be able to get to the root cause of policy and supply chain issues to drive appropriate solutions
· Strong interpersonal skills: Will work with many functions within Ghirardelli to be successful, including sales, customer service, operations and logistics. Must be able to penetrate and effectively work with customer logistics and operations departments
· Ability to work directly with Ghirardelli customers; must possess leadership qualities and the ability to negotiate mutually beneficial supply chain programs
· Ability to work collaboratively with Customer Team Leaders, Managers, and Analysts in development and implementation of ongoing McLane customer supply chain initiatives.
· Strong project management skills
· Ability to manage multiple tasks, adapt to changing priorities, respond with urgency to requests and remain focused on strategic imperatives
· People Leadership – strong ability to deliver results through others and ultimately to develop direct reports
· Working knowledge of Ghirardelli systems and data sources including but not limited to JDE, APO, COGNOS, Nielsen. This manager will assist in driving customer profitability by creating visibility to issues and solutions and measurements to drive costs out of the business.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years' CPG manufacturer supply chain experience
- Experience with the customer side of supply chain is desirable
Apply on company website