Since 1852, Ghirardelli has created a legacy of creativity that sets our company apart from our competitors. Today, our innovative heritage continues to thrive, as Ghirardelli team members of different backgrounds work together, joined by a common passion: bringing new, delicious ideas to life.
We've made it our priority to offer a supportive, engaging culture where our people feel valued, not simply for the skills they bring to our company, but for who they are as individuals. That's why we make sure that all of our team members, even if you are new to the company, have the opportunity to work on exciting, challenging projects and are given everything they need to do their best work.
So we invite you to explore our opportunities and discover a place where your ideas come to life, as part of our delicious legacy. See open positions at www.ghirardelli.com/careersTemporary Production Worker (4 months)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Production Supervisor
Direct Reports: None
Location: San Leandro
Salary: $16.00 / Hour plus shift differential
*Bonus of $275.00 with the completion of 40 shifts and completion of 4 month assignment*
Level: Group 1
This is a Temporary 4 month Production position with an opportunity to go permanent. The Temporary Production Worker is responsible for packing, bagging, wrapping, marking, box or bag forming, machine feeding, table work or other production or finishing work of like nature involving similar skill and responsibility.
This position, by ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures, is responsible for recommending, developing, implementing and managing safety, quality and food safety on all product lines.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Must be a fast learner who is open to learning new skills
- Must be okay with standing on feet for up to 8 hours
- Lifting up to 25-50 lbs. (if necessary)
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Flexibility to work in different environments throughout a warehouse environment
- Must be responsible, reliable, with a positive attitude!
- Responsible for the successful operations of the production of Ghirardelli product
- Strives for continuous improvement in quality, safety, schedule adherence, costs, and waste
- Ability to problem solve and resolve production opportunities or down lines
- Raise appropriate production issues to supervisor
- Participate in departmental and corporate projects
- Must maintain regular and prompt attendance.
- May include other tasks or projects as assigned
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or GED·
- At least 1 year of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Computer skills a plus
- Previous experience working with automated machinery preferred
- Previous experience or exposure to Lean Manufacturing tools
Apply on company website