Summary:The Call Center Supervisor has functional responsibility and accountability for the performance of all Call Center Representatives assigned to their team. This includes providing quality customer service delivery while supporting achievement of productivity levels; monitoring and assessing customer service proficiencies of individual Call Center Representatives and recommending training; frequently communicating ideas and concerns with call center management regarding quality, operational and process improvement issues; and ensuring compliance with federal student loan regulations, policies, and procedures. The Call Center Supervisor will also participate in the interview and selection process of Call Center Representatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor, measure and review individual and team achievement of call center goals and standards to ensure adequacy in meeting center objectives. Conduct regular employee coaching sessions, including performance appraisals and one on one's to inspire high performance, and support employee development
- Quality monitor team members customer contacts (calls, chats and emails) based on established quality program. Coach team members on all contacts scored and provide positive reinforcement, use coaching techniques to modify behavior of substandard performers
- Collaborate with Call Center Manager to develop Call Center Representative schedules that support the forecasted calls and non-phone workload and enables the call center to meet service level objectives, quality objectives, productivity objectives and employees paid time off entitlements
- Assess training needs; communicate specific training support requirements to Call Center Manager and Training department. Participate in follow-up training to reinforce skill development.
- Provide consistent support to Call Center Representatives by serving as a reliable resource for information and resolving difficult customer situations. Responsible for handling escalated calls and ensuring problem resolution activities are performed in a manner that will ensure customer satisfaction
- Ensure transactions are processed in a timely and accurate manner in compliance with federal student loan regulations, policies and procedures
- Coordinate with Call Center Manager to plan in advance for all known and unknown activities; quality monitoring sessions, training, coaching, meetings, and off phone workload and adherence goals
- Help develop and implement activities to create team spirit and performance improvement
- Perform management of personnel activities such as determining staff levels, hiring and recruiting, motivating, coaching, performance appraisals, promotions, salary recommendations, counseling and terminations
- Manage effective career paths and succession plans for key positions on staff under the call center manager's supervision
Experience, Education and Licensure
- College degree or equivalent experience or education
- 7+ years of work related and prior management experience
- Expertise in student loan regulations, policies and procedures preferred
- Working knowledge of call center procedures and practices
- Innovative and highly motivated self-starter
- PC literacy
- Detail oriented
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret moderately complex reports and Federal loan regulations to ensure compliance
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
- Ability to effectively present information to senior management, peers and/or subordinates
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
Apply on company website