GoCanvas is searching for our Chief Financial Officer (CFO) – You are a visionary leader and mentor, skilled at this new age of digital, interactive marketing with a focus on driving amazing impact. You thrive in the adrenaline of a global, fast growing, venture-backed start-up, entering its 11th year of hyper growth. As Chief Financial Officer, your mission will be to set the ongoing financial strategy of the company and managing analysis of key performance metrics. As an integral member of the senior leadership team, you'll be helping to set the direction of the company, working in partnership with the CEO and ultimately serving as a key presenting member to our board of directors.
This is an extremely meaningful role in the short and long term success of GoCanvas and we're on the lookout for someone with a highly accomplished track record of leadership in the B2B SMB space, who has experienced what it takes to scale a company from $20M to $100M+.
You'll have the commercial acumen to make long-term plans and the knowledge of how to effectively execute them. Under your dynamic leadership will be the data science/metrics team, accounting and financial planning & analysis.
Key skill sets needed as well as areas of responsibility will include:
- A key contributor to strategy formulation including elements of pricing analysis
- Acknowledged for credibility in rendering objective assessments, advice and counsel to board of directors, senior executives and the financial community
- An effective leader in financial aspects of operational execution supporting strategic direction
- Experience in working directly with venture capital / private equity firms
- Experience in managing capital needs / cash management
- An outstanding team builder • Customer service-oriented • Integral in major project implementation
- An integral part of deal negotiations
- Successful in heightening the company's public image
- Ability to adapt to a rapid & agile operating environment Your Most Important Initiatives
- Working directly with senior management and our board on the current and future performance factors of the organization
- Coordination on internal finance metrics / weekly financial reporting to department heads
- Defining the financial strategy, including capital requirements, budget and cash planning
- Cap table management and stock option reporting
- Providing leadership and vision to ensure the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures and people systems are in place to effectively and efficiently scale the company's high performance culture
- Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the company's plan for growth and expansion.
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations
- Utilize forward-looking models and activity-based analyses to provide financial insight into the organization's plans and operating budget. What Your Success Looks Like
- Manage the capital needs of the company as we continue to grow the organization by well over 50% per year
- Providing more dynamic, regular and updated metric analysis of the organization's key metrics as we look to understand how to improve our key guiding metrics to plan, including Gross Margin Payback Period, Subscription Revenue Growth and more.
- A leader and guiding team member of the leadership team
What You Bring
- Proven successful strategic financial leadership
- Top performer as part of an executive management team in a similar type company
- Excellent communicator for Board and Investor relations
- Repeated success executing on financing strategies
- Success in forming and negotiating profitable strategic partnerships
- Professional, hard-working and ethical • Excellent at cross functional collaboration and consultation, developing good working relationships with other teams, and able to balance multiple projects consecutively
- Extraordinary achievement and excellence in enhancing shareholder value • Outstanding contribution to company's performance
So, What's GoCanvas?
GoCanvas is a mobile platform that makes it simple for businesses to automate how work is done, replacing outdated processes and expensive paperwork. The GoCanvas App works on smartphones and tablets, helping companies easily collect information across their organization, share it instantly with others and gain real-time insight on their business operations. GoCanvas can be easily customized by all types of businesses to empower their workforce, unleashing the value in data across the organization to help better connect with colleagues and engage more effectively with customers. Automating millions of workplace activities for well-known brands like UnderArmour, Pepsi, Honda, and Red Bull means there's a good chance you have been around someone using GoCanvas in the past 24 hours, making us one of the fastest growing mobile platforms in the world!
Our recent achievements as an organization include but are not limited to: being named by Deloitte as one of the “Fast 500 Technology Companies” in both 2017 and 2018, coming in at #261 in 2018 for 331% company growth! We are also celebrating our second year in a row winning Best in Biz Awards; Gold for “Fastest Growing Company” and Silver for the “Best Places to Work”, the 2018 and 2019 “DCA Live Red Hot Companies”, and last but definitely not least, as one of the Best Places to Work in 2019 by Inc Magazine, The Washingtonian, and The Washington Business Journal!
Everyone, from top-ranking executives to newly-hired employees, is passionate about helping businesses function better with technology. The team has attained what few can by successfully blending a driven and fast-paced workforce with an open, supportive attitude that has contributed much to the company's overall growth.
We're on a mission to continue fostering an amazing culture for people who like to make an impact and enjoy collaborating!
What GoCanvas Brings
We believe hiring the right people is THE most important thing we do. We take our company values seriously and look for these traits in everyone we hire: Empathy, Innovation, Authenticity, Impactful, Team Player and Cheeky/Fun Loving. We believe in giving people the freedom to get things done, but that they should also have accountability for their key metrics, think and act like owners of our business and be able to work in a flat organizational structure. We provide an environment that allows for innovation and creativity as well as a chance for highly motivated individuals to have fun at work.
While we believe culture trumps perks, we are proud to provide a comprehensive benefits package designed to meet our team members' needs.
- Competitive Compensation
- Entrepreneurial Vacation Policy (sometimes known as unlimited vacation)
- 13 Company-Paid Holidays, which rotate annually, but always include Earth Day and one other day significant to GoCanvas, such as Steve Jobs' birthday
- An ideal Reston Town Center location with an abundance of FREE covered parking, dozens of restaurants, 45 retail stores, a movie theater, outdoor concerts, all within walking distance of the office
- Company-Subsidized healthy lunches
- Company-Subsidized fitness memberships
- Medical Insurance, where the Employee Only level of coverage is free!
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account depending upon your medical plan selection
- Basic Term Life Insurance and Personal Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- 401k plan with employer match
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Parental Leave
- Gym Discounts
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
No 3rd party recruiting firms submitting candidates from job sites.
Apply on company website