Vice President of Growth Marketing
GoCanvas is revolutionizing how work gets done by modernizing small businesses through a powerful cloud-based platform and customizable mobile experiences. We are seeking a seasoned Growth Marketing leader to help set the strategic direction and execute demand plans that engage the market, and current customers, in more impactful ways across all acquisition channels.
This will be a win/win if you have demonstrated experience in:
- A hyper-growth company growing >40% YoY
- A SaaS B2B company with >$40M ARR
- Accelerating B2B lead quantity, quality and funnel velocity
- Working with product marketing, sales, client engagement, product/engineering to improve conversion, deal flow, ARPA and SOW
- Mentoring and leading a high performing team
- Continuous improvement and lifelong learning
This position reports to the Chief Revenue Officer and works very closely with other teams to set priorities and drive hyper-growth.
We look for A-players who believe in our mission, share our values and aren't afraid to join us on this game-changing ride. You will bring a passion to inform our strategic thinking and tactically raise our marketing effectiveness and impact. Using your B2B SaaS background and skills, you will join us on a journey to stretch the marketing team contribution and impact beyond traditional boundaries, setting new thresholds for best-in-class performance.
Your Most Important Initiatives:
- Direct a team to accelerate the generation of new, qualified leads.
- Develop and publish an action plan to drive the success of strategic growth initiatives.
- Develop critical relationships and communication plans with the leaders of sales, business development, product, product marketing, marketing, and sales.
- Work closely with sales leadership to prioritize and execute against a variety of targeted growth initiatives.
- Coordinate with Sales Training and Enablement to help sellers master lead qualification skills and contribute to sales playbooks that teach how to execute our multi-channel strategy.
- Measure and report on the progress of the program: activity, costs, return, etc.
- Design targeted growth campaigns coordinating resources across departments and maintain constant engagement across “evergreen” campaigns.
Client, Market and Product-Centric:
- Voice of product marketing, buyer persona development, positioning & market analysis to internal & external audiences (ex. sales and Clients)
- Interface upstream with product management and downstream with marketing functions (i.e. digital demand generation, content marketing) to ensure alignment of strategies and marketing execution.
- Excited and motivated by your responsibility to fully *own* “the story” that we tell the market, based on the needs of: different pains, problems, personas and value/benefits
- Create industry-specific and cross-industry solution messaging.
- Define industry-aligned persona and positioning documents for buyers and users.
- Identify industry-specific requirements to influence product strategy and roadmap.
- Provide input to thought leadership efforts, supporting work with associations, as well as PR efforts.
- Enable sales by leading the creation of external tools and supporting the delivery of focused internal training.
- Lead the development of campaigns for generating market awareness and lead generation.
- Build a high performing team to help the company achieve hyper-growth.
- Manage a P&L and to a favourable GMPP target.
- Represent the company and leadership team; clearly communicate priorities and expectations to your team.
- Enable your team with the tools and training required to do exceptional work.
- Actively identify opportunities for your team members to deploy their strengths against tough problems standing in the way of the improvement of GoCanvas' high-performing sales team.
- Encourage the professional development of each member of your team, celebrate victories and acknowledge good work. Provide social opportunities for the team, with each other, their peers in other groups, and the sales teams they serve.
- Listen carefully to the feedback and opinions of the team members on your team as well as those who interact with them directly. Gather insights and challenges into actionable themes that can be improved and share them in regular briefings with your direct manager.
- Put the work of operations and analytics into the context of the wider business and establish a direct link from the performance of the team to the performance of the business.
- Encourage team members to be accountable to one another and establish high standards of contribution and performance across the board.
- For GoCanvas leaders training your team, and continuous learning/improvement, are top priorities.
What You Bring:
- A dual passion for quantitative marketing (digital demand generation) and qualitative marketing (Product marketing and brand/messaging).
- Ability to diagnose the lead generation and development process to remove bottlenecks and prescribe changes to targeting, messaging, campaign execution and lead development tactics.
- Understand at a detailed and tactical level the conversion rates at each stage of lead and opportunity development and identify the levers that increase conversion rates.
- Ability to assess lead and opportunity channels and help inform the mix of effort and investment across channels to maximize growth.
- Mastery of brand, value/ROI based communications, and product marketing.
- Mastery of buying behaviour and motivations.
- Experience coordinating the tactical elements of campaigns across a variety of business development and sales roles.
- Knowledge of SaaS B2B technologies and their buying cycles.
- Must be an energetic, passionate and articulate communicator.
- Must demonstrate strength in analytics and trial-based change approach.
- Must demonstrate experience with both direct and self-service/ecommerce strategies.
- Senior management experience in a professional B2B environment required.
- The skill to distil and summarize complex ideas succinctly in verbal and written communication is required.
- The ability to manage competing priorities and operating effectively under deadlines are required capacities.
So, What's GoCanvas?
GoCanvas is a mobile platform that makes it simple for businesses to automate how work is done, replacing outdated processes and expensive paperwork. The GoCanvas App works on smartphones and tablets, helping companies easily collect information across their organization, share it instantly with others and gain real-time insight on their business operations. GoCanvas can be easily customized by all types of businesses to empower their workforce, unleashing the value in data across the organization to help better connect with colleagues and engage more effectively with customers. Automating millions of workplace activities for well-known brands like UnderArmour, Pepsi, Honda, and Red Bull means there's a good chance you have been around someone using GoCanvas in the past 24 hours, making us one of the fastest growing mobile platforms in the world!
Our recent achievements as an organization include but are not limited to: being named by Deloitte as one of the “Fast 500 Technology Companies” in both 2017 and 2018, coming in at #261 in 2018 for 331% company growth! We are also celebrating our second year in a row winning Best in Biz Awards; Gold for “Fastest Growing Company” and Silver for the “Best Places to Work”, the 2018 and 2019 “DCA Live Red Hot Companies”, and last but definitely not least as one of the Best Places to Work in 2019 by Inc Magazine, The Washingtonian, and The Washington Business Journal!
Everyone, from top-ranking executives to newly-hired employees, is passionate about helping businesses function better with technology. The team has attained what few can by successfully blending a driven and fast-paced workforce with an open, supportive attitude that has contributed much to the company's overall growth.
We're on a mission to continue fostering an amazing culture for people who like to make an impact and enjoy collaborating!
What GoCanvas Brings
We believe hiring the right people is THE most important thing we do. We take our company values seriously and look for these traits in everyone we hire: Empathy, Innovation, Authenticity, Impactful, Team Player and Cheeky/Fun Loving. We believe in giving people the freedom to get things done, but that they should also have accountability for their key metrics, think and act like owners of our business and be able to work in a flat organizational structure. We provide an environment that allows for innovation and creativity as well as a chance for highly motivated individuals to have fun at work.
Based in Reston, Virginia, we have an amazing open office with unlimited snacks, free drinks, and collaboration areas. To better help us revolutionize how work gets done around the globe, we also have offices in London and Sydney. You can learn more about recent activities on our blog updates and our cultural values on our CEO blog.
While we believe culture trumps perks, we are proud to provide a comprehensive benefits package designed to meet our team members' needs.
- Competitive Compensation
- Entrepreneurial Vacation Policy (sometimes known as unlimited vacation)
- 13 Company-Paid Holidays, which rotate annually, but always include Earth Day and one other day significant to GoCanvas, such as Steve Jobs' birthday
- An ideal Reston Town Center location with an abundance of FREE covered parking, dozens of restaurants, 45 retail stores, a movie theater, outdoor concerts, all within walking distance of the office
- Company-Subsidized healthy lunches
- Medical Insurance, where the Employee Only level of coverage is free!
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account depending upon your medical plan selection
- Basic Term Life Insurance and Personal Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- 401k plan with employer match
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Parental Leave
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
No 3rd party recruiting firms submitting candidates from job sites.
Apply on company website