To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Responsibilities listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability needed to effectively execute this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF THE POSITION:
- Responsible for preparing, seasoning, finishing, and garnishing all food in kitchen preparation in accordance with established recipes.
- Enforce performance standards, policies and procedures as they relate to Venue operations.
- Ensures smooth and efficient operations on a continual basis.
- Ensure the highest possible standards of Guest Service and Associate relations are maintained and carried out in a fair and equitable manner.
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety standards/regulations as well as all applicable beverage, Tribal, Federal, State and Local laws/ordinances.
- Assist Venue Management with scheduling of Associates and ensuring correct staffing levels and adjustments are made in accordance with Guest needs.
- Monitor the job performance of all Associates and provides feedback on it to aid the Associates in developing and enhancing skills.
- Provide input to the Venue Manager concerning operational deficiencies and areas in need of improvement.
- Responsible for promoting positive Guest Relations through prompt, courteous and efficient service.
- Review, recommend and suggest to hire, suspend, transfer, promote, evaluate, discipline and terminate all service Associates in a fair and equitable manner.
- Responsible for listening to, evaluating and handling Guest complaints in a way that satisfies the Guest to their satisfaction.
- Responsible for maintaining open communication throughout the venue, through monthly staff meetings and daily pre-shift meetings.
- Knowledge of local jurisdiction gaming laws (federal, state, compact, etc.) and attendant regulations as well as Mille Lacs Corporate Ventures internal controls, policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Three (3) years of kitchen operations experience
- To include one (1) year Supervisory/Managerial experience or two (2) years as a Grand Casino Line cook experience or successful completion of a Grand Casino Food and Beverage Supervisor Trainee program.
Apply on company website