With more than 200 dishes made fresh from scratch every day, our prep cooks prepare and portion fresh ingredients and hundreds of prep recipes for use in our delicious dishes. Whether you're rolling the won ton wrapper for the Buffalo Chicken Rolls or preparing the shrimp for the shrimp scampi, you'll learn a wide range of culinary techniques and skills in a professional, fast-paced kitchen.
What we're looking for:
- Great technique; you have strong knife skills
- Kitchen savvy; you know your weights, measurements and volumes
- Attention to detail; you follow all steps and techniques to ensure consistency
- Tidy and clean; maintaining a sanitary, food-safe workstation is important to you
- Team player; willing to work together to prep our kitchens
- Comfortable standing for extended periods of time, able to lift up to 50 lbs and continuously bend, reach and twist
- Must be at least 18 years old
What we offer:
- Flexible scheduling, consistent hours
- Full- and part-time availability
- Health benefits including medical, dental and vision (after 25 hours/week average)
- Paid time off (after 25 hours/week average)
- Discounted shift meals
- 25% discount for your party when dining in as a guest
- A no cost GED and Associates Degree program
- Career growth opportunities
Who we are:
Inspired by Italian trattorias, French bistros and the grand cafes and pastry shops of Vienna, we're known for our in-house bakery, upscale casual hospitality, fresh-from-scratch menu, and being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list year after year. Grand Lux Cafe restaurants were created in 1999 by the founders of The Cheesecake Factory which along with North Italia, Social Monk and Fox Restaurant Concepts share a fun, people-centered culture with 40,000 staff members across almost 300 restaurants.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming workplace for all. We welcome applicants from a wide variety of identities, ideas, perspectives and experiences and encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. Grand Lux Café offers reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities.
Our Safety Commitment
The health and wellbeing of our staff, managers and guests is always our top priority. We follow all COVID-19 guidance from the CDC and local health departments.
Apply on company website