The Network Operations Engineer implements, supports, and manages the GLI network infrastructure. This is a technology driven position that requires proactive analysis and troubleshooting of GLI networks, including outsourced or vendor connected. The Network Operations Engineer will ensure and maintain daily operations for GLI related requests, implementations, UCCE, support, and security updates. Work/tasks are logged in a ticketing system.
- Participate in selection, design, and maintenance of all customer management network topologies, trouble ticketing, switch port bandwidth utilization, network/WiFi monitoring, and firewall/VPN configuration management/versioning systems.
- On-call for all GLI infrastructure support and incident resolution. Provide guidance and solutions to solve and report on any recurring issues within GLI infrastructure.
- Experience with networking and configuration of virtualized network elements such as FWs, virtual switches, etc.
- Monitor and trend traffic loads on all networks across the LAN and WAN. Monitor the status of key network equipment to ensure network resource availability.
- Attend Change Advisory Board (CAB) meeting on a weekly basis for awareness of system and infrastructure changes.
- Support the Field network systems and terminal network equipment.
- Work with outsourced vendors on GLI network operations requirements and provide input in regards to standard network configurations and security best practices.
- Coordinate with the field, including City Managers and terminal staff to resolve issues following site visits, incudes potential reporting needs as it relates to IT operations.
- Experience with Call Center network technologies such as UCCE, are highly desired, as well as VOIP, IVR, SIP, PRI implementation and support.
- Ability to work simultaneously & autonomously on several high-profile project and deliver expected outcomes is expected.
- Configure, install, optimize, and support GLI wireless networks.
- Assists with Incident, Change, and Capacity management as it relates to network infrastructure.
- Adhere to all Greyhound corporate guiding principles, processes, policies, standards and procedures.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency while tracking/reporting progress with complete follow-through.
- Update/produce documentation when it is found outdated/missing, or required for a project.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelors Degree in MIS, Computer Science or equivalent work experience strongly preferred.
- CCNA required, CCNP or CCIE a plus.
- 5+ years networking design, installation, maintenance and documentation experience.
- Previous work with wireless environment, VPN design / configuration, routers and switches.
- Extensive routing and switching experience with Cisco, Meraki, and F5.
- Network security experience, including Cisco ASA Firewalls, Cisco FPR Series, Fortinet.
- Advance knowledge of protocols such as IPSEC, OSPF, BGP, DHCP, TCP/IP 802.11/WPA and MPLS.
- QOS, Cisco Radius/TACACS/Okta(MFA), SNMP.
- Experience managing/setup of VLANs, HSRP and VRFs
- Full Meraki suite (MX/MS/MR/MG) experience.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills desired.
- Azure cloud / ATT Netbond experience desired.
- ITIL Experience a plus
Benefits of Working with Greyhound:
- Vacation time based off entire career experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance with COBRA reimbursement
- Short and Long-Term disability coverage
- FSA and HSA
- 401K matching
- Company sponsored training and continuing education, including tuition reimbursement
- Collaborative team environment
Work Authorization: We cannot offer employer sponsorship at this time; candidates must be eligible to work in the US for full-time employment.
Apply on company website