This is full time position.
Accrues Sick / Vacation time.
Holidays off and paid.
This position is based in San Francisco, CA
CONNECTING PEOPLE THROUGH REAL FOOD
Working at Guckenheimer as a General Manager is not your typical foodservice experience. To start, our people are simply the best. Our fair, team-based culture encourages our teams to work hard, collaborate and have fun. Our chefs are compulsive creators and that energy flows throughout the company; everyone works together to improve, innovate and be the best.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
If food dreams keep you up at night, we encourage you to apply to our General Manager position. Not only are you creating imaginative (and delicious!) menus daily, you also know how to make your customers feel at home. You are a people person and a culinary wizard all in one.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- General Management Experience in multi-unit restaurants or food service.
- Experience managing a team of management and staff of 50+ employees (hourly and salaried).
- Collaboration with and Management of a Culinary Team.
- Client interaction experience in an informal setting and in formal meetings.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY AND AUTHORITY:
Site Managers are the representatives of Guckenheimer. They are responsible for the effective and efficient functioning of their operations within the guidelines established by the client organization as well as the Corporation. They are further responsible to provide the highest professional standards possible. They are given the authority necessary to accomplish these objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Satisfy the needs of the client and customer by providing high quality, cost effective food service.
- Develop, in conjunction with Guckenheimer food standard programs, attractive menus meeting the needs of the customers at that particular location.
- Interview and hire unit staff employees in accordance with corporate, client, Federal, State and local regulations.
- Participate and lead in establishing corporate employee training and development programs as instructed by Area Manager.
- Supervise, direct and schedule the activities of unit food service personnel following the tradition and values of the Guckenheimer organization.
- Maintain accurate and timely accounting and financial records.
- Prepare and monitor unit operating budgets.
- Establish effective communication channels with customers and client management which provides a system of feedback on the overall success of the operation. This feedback should lead to the implementation of operational improvements that better meet the needs of both clients and customers.
- Achieve the highest standards in food, utilizing recipes and programs.
- Manage the entire process in the planning of procurement, inventory control, and supply chain activities, ensuring effectively-functioning processes.
- Train staff on appropriate ways to build and maintain client and customer relationships that ensure the highest quality of service.
- FORECAST AND PLAN OPERATING NEEDS FOR FOOD AND SUPPLIES
- ORDER, RECEIVE, AND INVENTORY OF ALL PRODUCTS AND SUPPLIES
- SUPERVISE FOOD PRODUCTION
- ENSURE PROPER MERCHANDISING OF FOOD AND FACILITIES
- MAINTAIN SERVICE STANDARDS
- MAINTAIN SANITARY CONDITIONS FOR EMPLOYEES AND CUSTOMERS
- MAINTAIN SAFE ENVIRONMENTS FOR EMPLOYEES AND CUSTOMERS
- INTERVIEW AND HIRE EMPLOYEES
- TRAIN EMPLOYEES
- SCHEDULING OF EMPLOYEES
- COUNSEL AND DISCIPLINE EMPLOYEES
- CONDUCT PERFORMANCE APPRAISALS
- CONDUCT EMPLOYEE MEETINGS
- COMPLETE AND REPORT PAYROLL
- MAINTAIN FINANCIAL RECORDS AND CONTROLS
- MAINTAIN RECORDS FOR COMPLIANCE WITH FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL REGULATIONS
Guckenheimer embraces equal opportunity employment
Guckenheimer participates in the E-Verify Program, as required by Law
Pursuant to the SFFCO we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Apply on company website