Position Summary: Accounts Payable Manager
The Accounts Payable Manager oversees and manages the activities within the indirect AP department that involve analyzing current processes and creating the best methods for day-to-day operations. This role provides leadership and is responsible for ensuring best practices and appropriate controls are followed at all times. In addition, you will create and update KPI's to ensure the best procedures are followed according to company policy and regulations. The AP Manager endeavors to implement initiatives that offer process improvement and task automation, by providing recommendations to the Director of Sourcing and Procurement to streamline processes or to enhance organizational policies. This role also involves maintaining a close relationship with Procurement and IT to manage the ongoing operation of the P2P system (Basware).
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Responsible for managing and providing direction for the indirect accounts payable function in partnership with Director of Sourcing & Procurement and Procurement Manager
- Identify, plan, and execute initiatives to drive process automation and optimization, improved cash flow and cash management practices
- Work closely with procurement team to support the P2P function, understanding workflow and the interrelationship between the procurement and AP modules
- Supervise the performance of the Accounts Payable team members by supporting, mentoring, and coaching through regular performance feedback and KPIs
- Train and develop team members to ensure completion of critical functions through cross-training
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures and policies, maintain internal controls, mitigate operational risks, and ensure compliance with SOX regulations
- Ensure all vendors invoices and payments are processed timely, accurately, and in compliance with contractual terms, organizational policies & procedures
- Understand and ensure accuracy of the vendor master file and monitor functions including new vendor additions, deletions, profile updates, etc.
- Monitor the Daily Aging report to ensure resources are properly allocated and processing times consistently meet department SLAs
- Interact with vendors, troubleshoot, and resolve complex payment and vendor issues that have been escalated
- Additional duties as assigned
About Guitar Center
The Guitar Center Company embodies the world of creativity and music by encouraging our teammates to find their own individual sound. Our mission is to develop and nurture lifelong musicians and make a difference in the world by enabling musicians and non-musicians alike to experience the joy that comes from creating music. We believe in putting our customers first, engaging with respect and integrity and fulfilling our mission with passion.
The Guitar Center Company operates through several business divisions. Guitar Center is the world's largest retailer of guitars, amplifiers, drums, keyboards, recording, live sound, DJ, and lighting equipment, with more than 290 stores across the United States. 2014 marked the milestone 50th anniversary of the Guitar Center Company as the organization continues to help people make music from coast to coast.
E-Commerce brands Guitar Center, Musician's Friend and WWBW offer online sales of a broad selection of music products. The Music & Arts division operates more than 220 stores specializing in band & orchestral instruments for sale and rental, serving teachers, band directors, college professors, and students since 1952. AVDG and GCPro headline the enterprise audio-visual integration business, delivering a best-in-class commercial and residential customer experience.
To join our band, you'll need the following experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field preferred or 4 years of relevant work experience
- In addition to degree or years of previous experience, 6 years of work experience in Accounts Payable, Procurement, General Ledger, or related fields
- Experience with PeopleSoft or similar ERP and Basware or similar P2P system
- 3 years of experience working in a management role
- Experience drafting Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) and training documentation with excellent writing skills
- 8 years of relevant work experience in an Accounts Payable role
- Advanced experience using accounting and procure-to-pay software
- Deep understanding of financial controls, segregation of duties, and SOX compliance
- Understanding of basic accounting principles
- Advanced knowledge with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
Why join us?
With a career at Guitar Center, you become part of the world's largest multichannel musical instrument retailer. Whether at our Stores, Contact Centers, Distribution Centers, or Support Center, Guitar Center employees have a common goal: to help people find their sound and fill the world with more music.
Love this gig and want to apply?
Send your resume and cover letter today along with salary expectations!
Guitar Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website