Position Summary: eCommerce Merchandising Specialist
The Merchandising Specialist will assist the eCommerce Merchandising Team in implementing the online strategy and objectives through the execution of retail processes. The Merchandise Specialist is responsible for obtaining all required product information, (pricing, copy, images, and other content) for merchandising key placements on promotions that meet the marketing and merchandising objectives of the company. The position will also leverage the website analytics to enhance and optimize the shopping experience to drive conversions. There will be a heavy focus on promotion execution and merchandising the assortment, including but not limited to, determining the most effective navigation refinements, sorting rules, and search enhancements.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Manages and executes the day-to-day operations of the promotions. Requires close collaboration with Enterprise Merchandising, Inventory Management, Platform Operations, Contact Center, and Customer Service teams.
- Collaborate with merchandising team to ensure all brand initiatives are in alignment and relevant to promotions and product assortments.
- Leverage Adobe Analytics to analyze site metrics and related data to identify opportunities to improve merchandising, customer experience, and product category assortments analyzing sales/site data to determine customer engagement per promotion, page, category, sub-categories.
- Partners with cross-functional teams, such as UX, Platform Operations, and Creative Services and focuses on providing superior category shopping experiences.
- Partners with Enterprise Merchandising and Marketing to brainstorm, create, and plan regular promotional and business-driving events for key product brands.
- Develops and executes new merchandising tactics and promotions with a focus on non-discount-driven, guided selling events.
- Partners with Marketing and Enterprise Merchandising on the planning and execution of Co-Op promotions and effective product-merchandising reach in all channel marketing initiatives.
- Studies and monitors both short and long-term market trends that will affect merchandising plans for the future. Ensures we are first to market with all major new products and product launches.
- Analyzes the performance of merchandising offers & promotions to constantly increase the effectiveness of those offers via EDW reporting and analysis and ensures promotional collections are relevant SKU assortments improving customer experience, increased engagement, and performance.
- Additional duties as assigned.
About Guitar Center
The Guitar Center Company embodies the world of creativity and music by encouraging our teammates to find their own individual sound. Our mission is to develop and nurture lifelong musicians and make a difference in the world by enabling musicians and non-musicians alike to experience the joy that comes from creating music. We believe in putting our customers first, engaging with respect and integrity and fulfilling our mission with passion.
The Guitar Center Company operates through several business divisions. Guitar Center is the world's largest retailer of guitars, amplifiers, drums, keyboards, recording, live sound, DJ, and lighting equipment, with more than 290 stores across the United States. 2014 marked the milestone 50th anniversary of the Guitar Center Company as the organization continues to help people make music from coast to coast.
E-Commerce brands Guitar Center, Musician's Friend and WWBW offer online sales of a broad selection of music products. The Music & Arts division operates more than 220 stores specializing in band & orchestral instruments for sale and rental, serving teachers, band directors, college professors, and students since 1952. AVDG and GCPro headline the enterprise audio-visual integration business, delivering a best-in-class commercial and residential customer experience.
To join our band, you'll need the following experience:
- Bachelor's Degree (or 4 years of equivalent work experience), preferably in Marketing, Business, or related field
- 2 years of relevant work experience (in addition to degree or years of previous experience), preferably in direct marketing and/or eCommerce merchandising
- 1 year of experience working in the Musical Instruments (MI) industry (retail, call center, MI manufacturer/supplier, etc.) is preferred
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Excel skills, including knowledge of Pivot Tables, v-lookups, and advanced formulas
- Intermediate proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Intermediate understanding of backend eCommerce systems such as Microsoft Dynamics AX, ATG, etc.
- Intermediate understanding of digital marketing platforms (such as Adobe Omniture) with a focus on web metrics (traffic, conversion, AOV, top of funnel/bottom of the funnel, etc.)
- Novice understanding of data warehouse reporting using tools such as MicroStrategy, Sherlock SQL
Why join us?
With a career at Guitar Center, you become part of the world's largest multichannel musical instrument retailer. Whether at our Stores, Contact Centers, Distribution Centers, or Support Center, Guitar Center employees have a common goal: to help people find their sound and fill the world with more music.
Love this gig and want to apply?
Send your resume and cover letter today along with salary expectations!
Guitar Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to email@example.com.
Apply on company website