Position Summary: International Compliance Manager
This position is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating activities to ensure compliance with U.S. Customs and other Government Agencies regulatory standards for Guitar Center Stores, Musician's Friend, and the Music & Arts business. This role also has responsibility for assisting with the logistical movement of import and export shipments as well as participating in service and cost optimization projects and driving systemic improvements. This position has one direct report.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Comply with any/all U.S. Customs requirements, government regulations, and internal standards in order to maintain a "low-risk importer status"
- Develop internal programs and workflow processes which support the aforementioned compliance and standards goals
- Serves as an escalation point-of-contact to U.S. Customs, as well as our nominated customs broker, agents, and internal management, in order to resolve any issues or problems surrounding the importation of products/goods
- Oversee the accuracy and timeliness of all customs entries, as well as Importer Security Filings (ISF), for all divisions
- Provide oversight over of the HTS classification process for all products to assure accurate payment of duties and taxes to U.S. Customs (to include maintenance and updating of both Guitar Center and Musician's Friends' Parts File/Classification Databases)
- Maintain Guitar Center's C-TPAT Tier II Validation status (i.e. Supply chain security assessment including documentation of all international suppliers, manufacturers, and 3PL's contained within our C-TPAT profiles)
- Manage the ACE portal and requirements related to our Export activity
- Perform periodic audits to ensure continued compliance with U.S. Customs and any other government regulatory agencies/requirements
- Ownership and maintenance of Guitar Center's Customs Compliance Manual, ensuring that all information is complete and accurate
- Maintain required U.S. Customs recordkeeping for both Guitar Center and Musician's Friend
- Calculate budget/forecast for duties and other import fees
- Evaluate and implement new technologies to automate import processes
- Interface with the International Sourcing and Merchandising teams in Westlake Village, CA
- Educate internal business partners on the costs and complexities of international shipments. Provide and develop internal and third-party operating procedures.
- Additional duties as assigned
About Guitar Center
The Guitar Center Company embodies the world of creativity and music by encouraging our teammates to find their own individual sound. Our mission is to develop and nurture lifelong musicians and make a difference in the world by enabling musicians and non-musicians alike to experience the joy that comes from creating music. We believe in putting our customers first, engaging with respect and integrity and fulfilling our mission with passion.
The Guitar Center Company operates through several business divisions. Guitar Center is the world's largest retailer of guitars, amplifiers, drums, keyboards, recording, live sound, DJ, and lighting equipment, with more than 290 stores across the United States. 2014 marked the milestone 50th anniversary of the Guitar Center Company as the organization continues to help people make music from coast to coast.
E-Commerce brands Guitar Center, Musician's Friend and WWBW offer online sales of a broad selection of music products. The Music & Arts division operates more than 220 stores specializing in band & orchestral instruments for sale and rental, serving teachers, band directors, college professors, and students since 1952. AVDG and GCPro headline the enterprise audio-visual integration business, delivering a best-in-class commercial and residential customer experience.
To join our band, you'll need the following experience:
- Bachelor's degree required; focus in Business, Logistics or International Trade preferred (or 7 years of related overall experience)
- Minimum of 6 years of import compliance experience preferred
- S. Customs Broker License preferred
- 2-5 years supervisory experience
- Skilled knowledge of import/export regulations and Other Government Agencies (FCC, FDA, Aphis, Fish & Wildlife) as well as import documentation including classifications, protests, disclosures, and rulings.
- Exceptional command of written and spoken English language
Why join us?
With a career at Guitar Center, you become part of the world's largest multichannel musical instrument retailer. Whether at our Stores, Contact Centers, Distribution Centers, or Support Center, Guitar Center employees have a common goal: to help people find their sound and fill the world with more music.
Love this gig and want to apply?
Send your resume and cover letter today along with salary expectations!
Guitar Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website