PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The purpose of this job is to lead the team responsible for ensuring that merchandise is properly
received, properly stocked, brought to the sales floor, and merchandised according to
planograms, promotions, and standards.
- Partner with the Store Manager and other members of the management team to achieve EBITDA, sales and margin goals
- Ensure proper staffing levels within the department. Hire and train the Operations Associates.
- Assist in training all associates
- Shipping and receiving of gear and other store related items
- Warehouse organization and stocking and Maintenance of the facility
- Loss prevention and safety, inventory management, cash management, and business reporting
- Conduct standardized POP audits on a weekly basis, ensuring product is merchandised to planogram standards (including POP, SKU, and inventory integrity audits).
- Holding "the Mic" and driving sales when scheduled
- Opening and closing of the store
- Additional duties as assigned.
Guitar Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable accommodation by calling 1‐818-735-8800 ext. 2862 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS & SPECIAL ATTRIBUTES
- Associate's Degree (or 3 years of equivalent work experience)
- Valid state driver's license and automotive insurance.
- 3 years of relevant work experience working in retail or in warehouse setting
- Skilled understanding of Guitar Center retail systems and processes
- Intermediate proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Analytical Skills: Able to analyze data and information to better understand the business and make informed and timely decisions. Able to evaluate and solve problems effectively.
- Collaboration: Able to develop cooperation and teamwork while participating in a group, working toward solutions which generally benefit all involved parties. Good team player, able to build good working relationships with others.
- Customer Focus: Understands customer service principles, and able to provide an excellent customer experience. Able to connect with customers in a meaningful way. Is approachable, genuine, knowledgeable, encouraging, passionate, and committed to helping customers.
- Delegation: Able to delegate both routine and significant tasks and decisions. Assesses employees' readiness and ability, and assigns tasks that are appropriate to their skill level. Follows up as needed and share both responsibility and accountability.
- Initiative: Able to identify opportunities & issues and follow through on work activities to capitalize or resolve them. Able to learn quickly and take positive action without being requested to do so. Interested in learning about the entire business.
- Interpersonal Communication: Able to communicate through various means (written and verbal) with diverse, individuals, including internal and external stakeholders at all levels in a clear, concise, positive, and courteous manner. Able to demonstrate respect to others, surroundings, and self.
- Organizational Skills: Able to utilize time, energy, and resources to manage priorities, stay on track, and achieve goals. Able to multitask and pay strong attention to detail in a fastpaced & high-urgency environment. Able to complete tasks thoroughly in a timely manner. Able to protect assets and people by learning and implementing protocols and complying with guidelines.
- Performance Management: Able to lead, manage, and mentor others. Able to lead by example and develop the skills and capabilities of direct reports to ensure goals are met. Provides effective positive and constructive feedback.
- Project Management: Able to execute project plans that align with organizational objectives. Coordinates groups of individuals to maximize available knowledge and resources, and follows through to track progress and ensure timely completion.
- Selling: Able to work through GC certification program to gain a base understanding of products and sales techniques.
- Technology Skills: Able to navigate and learn new technology and retail systems, equipment, and computer programs needed to fulfill communication, customer service, and business needs & expectations.
ESSENTIAL MENTAL AND PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS
The team leader level is characterized by the supervision, coordination and planning of the activities of team members, at least three of whom must be from the same job class. However, management tasks must not comprise more than 50% of the job's duties.
Lifting required 40% of the time. Standing required 20% of the time. Climbing required 15% of the time. Bending/Squatting and walking required 10% of the time, respectively. Sitting required 5% of the time. The person in this role must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
* Must be able to work in a loud environment for 5-8 hours.
* Must be able to work weekends, holiday, and evenings.
Must be able to speak, read, write, and comprehend English.
Up to 5% domestic travel is required to attend meetings and trainings. Travel is required by car with overnight stays.Physical Functions:Lifting required 40% of the time. Standing required 20% of the time. Climbing required 15% ofthe time. Bending/Squatting and walking required 10% of the time, respectively. Sittingrequired 5% of the time. The person in this role must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.* Must be able to work in a loud environment for 5-8 hours.* Must be able to work weekends, holiday, and evenings.
Apply on company website