Position Summary: Project Manager, Marketing Operations
The Project Manager, Marketing Operations is responsible for production planning, tracking, monitoring, and facilitating marketing efforts and final deliverables in support of monthly promotional plans, events, and product promotions as assigned. The Project Manager ensures that every step of each process is handled seamlessly, properly documented, delivers with no errors or timing issues, and is always the source of truth. Projects include various marketing efforts such as In-Store Signage, Landing Pages, Home Page Takeovers, Web Suites, Emails, Social Media, Blog Articles, Digital Display, Music Foundation Annual Reports, and more.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Review project information, assess requirements, and oversee project tracking for all tactics involved in major campaigns and more.
- Ensure responsible parties supply sufficient information according to deadlines.
- Alert Stakeholders to all dependencies and potential complications.
- Schedule dates according to business standards/needs and established SLAs.
- Create, oversee, and maintain detailed schedules based on yearly calendars of planned campaigns, events, and promotions.
- Post, monitor, and provide direction in all assigned proofs.
- Ensure all necessary feedback/approvals have been received, and schedule necessary actions accordingly.
- Lead, attend and contribute to weekly status meetings with creative and marketing teams to ensure priorities are aligned.
- Advise Leadership on all project dependencies/complications and advise on solutions.
- Use workflow management system to track projects and record all decisions/directions/delays/issues, keep project status and information communicated to all up to date.
- Support additional special projects (branding updates, tactical experimentation, etc.) when required.
- Assists various teams by processing invoices associated with projects under their oversight and applies accounting codes as necessary.
- Records production expenses incurred during project production, and reports to Department Leadership.
- Additional duties as assigned.
About Guitar Center
The Guitar Center Company embodies the world of creativity and music by encouraging our teammates to find their own individual sound. Our mission is to develop and nurture lifelong musicians and make a difference in the world by enabling musicians and non-musicians alike to experience the joy that comes from creating music. We believe in putting our customers first, engaging with respect and integrity and fulfilling our mission with passion.
The Guitar Center Company operates through several business divisions. Guitar Center is the world's largest retailer of guitars, amplifiers, drums, keyboards, recording, live sound, DJ, and lighting equipment, with more than 290 stores across the United States. 2014 marked the milestone 50th anniversary of the Guitar Center Company as the organization continues to help people make music from coast to coast.
E-Commerce brands Guitar Center, Musician's Friend and WWBW offer online sales of a broad selection of music products. The Music & Arts division operates more than 220 stores specializing in band & orchestral instruments for sale and rental, serving teachers, band directors, college professors, and students since 1952. AVDG and GCPro headline the enterprise audio-visual integration business, delivering a best-in-class commercial and residential customer experience.
To join our band, you'll need the following experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in business/marketing-related field or equivalent job experience.
- Minimum 4-6 years of marketing and creative project management experience.
- Experience working within Project Management Systems (such as JIRA, Base Camp, QuickBase, Workfront, Wrike, etc.)
- Basic understanding of delivering and producing various types of marketing tactics (i.e., Print, Web Development, Email, Video/Radio Advertisements, Social Media Campaigns).
- Ability to remain objective, identify root causes, and recommend solutions/alternatives in a manner that moves people and teams forward positively and effectively.
- Strong business acumen combined with excellent people and negotiating skills.
Why join us?
With a career at Guitar Center, you become part of the world's largest multichannel musical instrument retailer. Whether at our Stores, Contact Centers, Distribution Centers, or Support Center, Guitar Center employees have a common goal: to help people find their sound and fill the world with more music.
Love this gig and want to apply?
Send your resume and cover letter today along with salary expectations!
Guitar Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website