The Receiving Processor performs merchandise receiving function including receipt of product from carriers, entering new product into inventory through PkMS, labeling product for storage or shipment, and moving both conveyable and non-conveyable product to proper location or processing department.
This shift is Friday through Sunday 6:00am to 6:30pm.
Essential Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Receive inbound product and check accuracy of order.
- Unload product from the trailer.
- Generate accurate product bar code labels and apply to carton.
- Lift product on to conveyor for movement or transport product to proper location for Reserve pick up.
- Load product onto outbound trailer and lift into place to maximize carton capacity for each outbound trailer.
- Provides work instruction to associates temporarily assigned to the area.
- Meet productivity standards for the department.
- Responsible for maintaining safety and housekeeping standards in the department.
- Must demonstrate flexibility to work in other production areas as determined by work volume.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned by area supervisor.
Guitar Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable accommodation by calling 1‐818-735-8800 ext. 2862 or by sending an email to email@example.com
Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to read and write English and perform simple arithmetic.
- Must possess a high level of accuracy, attention to detail, and efficiency when entering data.
- Must have aptitude to work with PkMS system and properly identify, label and enter received product.
- Must be well organized and able to address changing priorities.
- Must demonstrate a high level of initiative and ability to work independently.
- Must have strong communication skills. Able to effectively communicate detailed information to co-workers.
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude and support for company goals.
Education / Experience Requirements
- Prior warehouse experience preferred.
Physical Demand and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Continuous mental and/or visual attention; the work requires constant alertness in a warehouse environment.
- Able to stand for long periods of time and work in hot conditions during summer months.
- The noise level is moderate.
- Able to lift 30-40 on a frequent basis.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs on an occasional basis.
- The physical demand typically applied in this job includes: lifting, pulling, reaching, carrying, pushing, standing, walking, stooping, and bending.
- Must be flexible to working overtime, which is sometimes mandatory
Apply on company website