POSITION SUMMARY: Oversees a group of team members in a designated department, monitors team members' productivity and work quality, and manages their performance, as well as uses established procedures, tools, equipment, and technologies to effectively and efficiently complete work related to inbound and outbound processes within the Distribution Center.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans and coordinates the work flow of the assigned department(s) within the DC to achieve production, quality and safety standards, include monitoring appropriate staffing levels, reducing damages and controlling supply costs
- Responsible for training, developing, motivating, monitoring, and evaluating performance of team members, ensuring that productivity and accuracy standards are maintained throughout their appropriate department.
- Evaluates and standardizes procedures to improve efficiencies of the department.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Analytical Skills: Able to explore data and other items in order to identify issues and extract meaningful insights, used to better understand and improve business performance.
- Business Acumen: Demonstrated keenness and speed in understanding and deciding on a business situation in a manner that is likely to lead to a good outcome.
- Collaboration: Able to develop cooperation and teamwork while participating in a group, working toward solutions which generally benefit all involved parties. Able to build relationships with others by offering help and providing suggestions for improvement.
- Customer Focus: Able to meet the expectations and requirements of all customers and acts with customers in mind. Able to establish and maintain effective relationships with customers and gain their trust and respect.
- Delegation: Able to delegate both routine and significant tasks to achieve goals. Able to assess employees' readiness and ability, and assign tasks that are appropriate to their skill level.
- Initiative: Able to identify opportunities and issues and follow through on work activities to capitalize or resolve them. Able to take positive, innovative action without being requested to do so.
- Interpersonal Communication: Able to communicate through relevant means (verbal, written, and presentation) with diverse individuals. Able to interact with internal and external stakeholders at all levels in a clear, concise, positive, and courteous manner.
- Organizational Skills: Able to utilize time, energy, and resources to manage priorities independently and achieve goals. Able to establish a systematic course of action to achieve an objective in a timely manner. Able to multitask and pay strong attention to detail in a fast-paced and high-urgency environment.
- Performance Management: Demonstrated people management and leadership skills with ability to provide constructive and positive feedback, while motivating team performance.
- Project Management: Able to develop and execute project plans, coordinating groups of individuals to maximize available knowledge and resources, and following through to track progress and ensure timely completion. Able to adapt to changing directives and priorities.
- Technology Skills: Able to navigate and learn new technology systems, equipment, and computer programs needed to fulfill communication, customer service, and business needs and expectations.
- Training: Able to provide training through multiple means aimed at improving learners' capability, capacity, productivity, and performance. Able to check for learners' understanding and follow up as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associates Degree or equivalent years of experience required.
- 5 years of relevant work experience in a distribution center.
- Working knowledge of PKMS or related warehouse management systems
- Intermediate proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Must be Guitar Center certified to operate all powered equipment, and able to satisfy certification process within first 90 days of employment.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
Apply on company website