We are looking for a talented Sr. Video Editor & Producer with the ability to plan and facilitate studio and field-based video pre-production, production, and post-production. We want someone who will work with clients and the creative team to ensure proper planning for successful and effective videos, and perform other production related duties as necessary to deliver finished video assets. They will work closely with creative team and content creatives, to create and enact stories through visual media.
Job Title:Sr. Video Editor
- Develop and oversee metrics driven video strategies for viewer retention and engagement
- Own the processes, protocol, and operations for the video production department
- Provide consultative guidance and oversight to the Content Art Director
- Work with Studio Producer to create and maintain production schedules and optimize workflows to manage complex video projects
- Manage, maintain, and troubleshoot all production equipment and post-production infrastructure, including cameras, lights, microphones, teleprompter, shared storage network, digital asset management and automation tool, and LTO Tape archive
- Work with internal clients to advise the best category, style, and method for creating the most effective video to suit their needs
- Research and remain current on the developments and applications of state of the art video production technology.
- Maintain a strong network of local freelance crew members
- As necessary, provide guidance for purchases to continually up level the video production program
- Translate abstract concepts into effective visual form by working with team to develop scripts
- Provide accurate budget quotes for internal clients
- Book all crew positions necessary for studio or location shoots
- Act as casting director to source and cast talent within budget limitations
- Work with Studio Producer to secure all locations, permits, and rental equipment for shoots as required
- Work with team to create shot lists, shooting schedules, and call sheets
- Responsible as acting as lead Director of Photography to ensure top-the-line visual direction in the video
- Supervise all location and studio based video production
- Perform or direct all on set lighting, camera operation, and other production activity as needed
- Work with talent on performance direction
- Ensure that the production day runs on schedule
- Supervise all elements of post-production from ingest to distribution
- Plan, perform, or delegates video post-production tasks, which includes making editorial decisions, editing video, editing and mixing audio, chroma-keying and visual effects, motion graphics, color correction and finishing
- Provide several rounds of cuts to internal clients for review and approval
- Compress video projects for delivery and distribute to necessary sites, vendors, or clients
- Bachelors Degree in either Film/Video, Communications, or similar media driven majors
- 5+ years experience in progressively responsible roles in professional video production environments, demonstrating competence in all areas of video production.
- Expert level knowledge of all professional video production procedures, practices, techniques, and terminology
- Expert level skill with professional production equipment operation including video cameras and recorders, audio recording equipment, file compression, graphics manipulation, lighting, and proper handling and troubleshooting of broadcast quality video production equipment.
- Expert level skill in Non-Linear Editing (Final Cut Pro, Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere) and experienced in creating Motion Graphics and Visual FX utilizing Adobe Creative Suite (After Effects, Photoshop, etc.)
Time Type:Full time
Apply on company website