Hackensack University Medical Center: Nationally Recognized in Neurosciences Physician Opportunities Alzheimer/Dementia Specialist
The Center for Memory Loss & Brain Health at the Department of Neurology at Hackensack University Medical Center (HUMC), a major academic medical center within the Hackensack Meridian Health Network, seeks to employ a full time BE/BC Cognitive / Behavioral Neurologist either as a Staff Physician or Center Director. The successful candidate will have completed a residency in Neurology and a fellowship in Behavioral Neurology & Neuropsychiatry accredited by the United Council for Neurologic Subspecialties (UCNS). The clinical focus is on patients at risk for dementia, minimal cognitive impairment and dementia. The Center embraces an interprofessional approach in which neurologists, geriatricians, social workers, neuro- and counseling psychologists strive to provide patient-centered care, accurate diagnoses, opportunities for participation in clinical trials, and to maximize community living and prevent caregiver burn-out.
This position will be jointly recruited by Florian P. Thomas, MD, PhD, Chair of the Neuroscience Institute and the Department of Neurology at HUMC and the School of Medicine, and Manisha Parulekar, MD, Director of the Division of Geriatrics, Department of Internal Medicine at HUMC.
The successful candidate will possess following qualifications:
- Ability to obtain professional licensure, DEA and CDS licenses in New Jersey
- Excellent clinical skills
- Track record of teaching including of medical and graduate students and residents
- Track record of scholarship (outcomes/translation research & clinical trials)
- For a leadership role, track record of program development & effective leadership for other clinicians & clinical operations, including across departments
- Potential to expand the program locally and across the network
- Eligibility for a faculty appointment at Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is the largest, most comprehensive and integrated network in New Jersey with more than 500 patient care and physician practice locations throughout the state. It comprised 17 hospitals from Bergen to Ocean counties, includes three academic medical centers, has over 35,000 team members and over 7,000 physicians. HUMC is one of only five major academic medical centers in the nation to receive Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals Award for five consecutive years. Four HMH hospitals are among the top 10 in New Jersey by U.S. News and World Report and HUMC consistently achieves Magnet recognition for nursing excellence.
Neurosciences at HUMC:
- Has been recognized among the Top 50 Adult Neurology & Neurosurgery programs in S. News & World Report for six of the past seven years
- Has 60+ Team Members Prominent specialties include epilepsy, headache, MS, stroke, neurosurgery, neuro-oncology, neuro-ophthalmology, Movement Disorders and ALS.
- Training programs include residency rotations for internal medicine and neurology, and interprofessional students including PA/APN and psychology graduate students
- Active Clinical Research Unit led by clinician-director with 2 coordinators & multiple ongoing sponsored & investigator-initiated research projects
Hackensack University Medical Center: Nationally Recognized in Neurosciences Physician Opportunities Alzheimer/Dementia SpecialistTh...
Apply on company website