Company: Harbor Freight Tools
Location: Calabasas, CA
Career Level: Executive
Industries: Retail, Wholesale, Apparel
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Regular and in-person attendance and participation in designated department meetings and establish self as a part of the team.
- Establish a regular and frequent presence in all assigned departments and with all levels within these groups.
- Understand business goals, objectives and priorities of assigned departments and identify how HR can support and help drive the business.
- Communicate and share partner department priorities and objectives with HR leadership to ensure alignment and support for business areas.
- Partners with department management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Creates and maintains employee relations investigation notes
- Partners with Sr. Director of People & Culture on employment action
- Conducts and attends regular meetings with respective department leaders and teams.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to all levels of management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Works as the liaison between the department leaders and talent acquisition team to identify staffing needs and set staffing priorities.
- Assists Sr. Director of People & Culture in providing guidance and input on department changes and succession planning.
- Works as the liaison between the department leaders and training team to identify training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs. Participates in evaluation and monitoring of success of training programs. Follows-up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Partners with department leaders on performance reviews, and promotions
- Responsible for New Hire Orientation and Onboarding Plan for new associates in assigned business areas
- Responsible for Exit interviews and providing feedback to Sr. Director of People & Culture and Department Leader
- Participate in committees and HR projects as needed
- Formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of the organization
- Work closely with his or her department leader, department managers and employees on all HR related matters and will assist with all HR related processes.
- Responsible for assisting his or her department with new policy changes and communicating HR related information.
- Hold a high level of confidentiality.
- Supervises staff – No direct reports
- Organizational Scope – All US locations/Single Category/Region/District/Distribution Center
- Decision Making – Creates policy and resolves problems
- Travel – yes 10%
Job Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Bachelor Degree or the equivalent combination of training and experience preferred
- Minimum of 5 years HRBP or Generalist experience preferred
- Experienced with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook
- Knowledge of Business Concepts
- SHRM – CP or PHR certification preferred
General office environment requiring ability to:
- stand, walk, sit for extended periods of time
- speak and listen to others in person and over the phone
- use keyboard and read from computer screen and reports
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- lift up to 15 lbs.
About Harbor Freight Tools
In 1977, when Harbor Freight Tools was started as a small family-owned business, we made a commitment to provide working people with great quality tools at the lowest prices. And for over 40 years, Harbor Freight Tools has done just that. From hand tools and generators, to air and power tools, from shop equipment to automotive tools, Harbor Freight offers more than 5,000 tools and accessories at quality levels that match or exceed competing brands, but at prices that are up to 80% less.
We're not your typical retailer. We're a team of high-achievers, who have a passion for excellence and continuous improvement and obsess about getting things done. We're also equally committed to doing the right thing and giving back to our community. And for us, collaboration is the golden rule. We're a 40 year-old, $4 billion company with over 30 million loyal customers and growing. If you are looking for a not so ordinary and highly rewarding career opportunity, we would love to talk with you.
Delivering Value to the Hardworking Since 1977
Apply on company website