Company: Harbor Freight Tools
Location: Calabasas, CA
Career Level: Entry Level
Industries: Retail, Wholesale, Apparel
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create, execute and update presentation planograms covering all categories of product and supporting all stores in line with the overall space merchandising strategy of the organization.
- Analyze planogram performance to ensure appropriate space allocation based on optimizing performance, capacity requirements and store sales per square foot.
- Driving data analysis and reporting related to space planning and increasing optimization and performance improvement.
- Act as the subject matter expert for merchandise space planning for peers and collaborative partners
- Drive project planning as it relates to in-store product launches.
- Monitor and analyze space productivity to identify trends, issues and opportunities, and provide feedback to key stakeholders in search of analytical-based recommendations and solutions.
- Collaborate as needed with Category Managers, Inventory Allocation and Retail Operations to determine and coordinate deployment of planograms for product launch.
- Accountable for all aspects of assigned merchandising programs. Ensure data is accurate, complete, and consistent with defined standards in multiple systems when creating and maintaining planograms.
- Internal relationship building and selling of space merchandising concepts and recommendations.
- Maintain product data integrity for all items as it relates to planogram process.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
- Supervisory Responsibility – No
- Organizational Scope – All US locations/Single Category/Region/District/Distribution Center
- Decision Making – Strategic Decision Making & Consultations
- Travel – Minimal to None
- Location—HQ Corporate office
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors' Degree required
- 2-5 years of Space Planning and merchandise within retail industry is preferred.
- Highly analytical and detail oriented
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Effective presentation and speaking skills, both internally and externally.
- Ability to absorb technical information and translate into actionable results is required.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with both corporate and retail field associates
- Refined critical thinking skills
- Ability to problem solve and think quickly on your feet to develop effective solutions
- Excellent time management and planning skills, organized with the ability to multitask, exceptional follow up skills and able to meet deadlines
- Ability to make decisions quickly, based upon a combination of analysis, experience, and judgment
- Flexible personality with the ability to deal with ambiguity and to think outside the box and provide a continuous flow of new ideas and process improvements.
- Results-oriented. Ability to execute and carry out strategic and operational plans.
- Effective communication skills. Crisp and clear.
General office environment requiring ability to:
- stand, walk, sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to move about an office.
- Ability to periodically lift 35+ pounds.
- Must be able to perform this job safely in accordance with standard operating procedures and good manufacturing practices, without endangering the health or safety of self or others.
About Harbor Freight Tools
In 1977, when Harbor Freight Tools was started as a small family-owned business, we made a commitment to provide working people with great quality tools at the lowest prices. And for over 40 years, Harbor Freight Tools has done just that. From hand tools and generators, to air and power tools, from shop equipment to automotive tools, Harbor Freight offers more than 5,000 tools and accessories at quality levels that match or exceed competing brands, but at prices that are up to 80% less.
We're not your typical retailer. We're a team of high-achievers, who have a passion for excellence and continuous improvement and obsess about getting things done. We're also equally committed to doing the right thing and giving back to our community. And for us, collaboration is the golden rule. We're a 40 year-old, $4 billion company with over 30 million loyal customers and growing. If you are looking for a not so ordinary and highly rewarding career opportunity, we would love to talk with you.
Delivering Value to the Hardworking Since 1977
Apply on company website