Company: Harbor Freight Tools
Location: Calabasas, CA
Career Level: Entry Level
Industries: Retail, Wholesale, Apparel
The Retail Controls Specialist produces reports and supports analysis of Retail Operations and Loss Prevention.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Produce reporting on Store performance, loss prevention, payroll and budgets.
- Identify ways to improve report production processes.
- Review information, datasets and existing analysis to identify trends and exceptions. Communicate areas of needed investigation to leadership team and partners.
- Support field teams and field leadership by proactively providing timely and relevant information, as well as upon request. Provide outstanding internal customer service to all field and corporate partners.
- Participate in the development of new or improve existing analytics dashboards, reports and queries.
- Create and maintain comprehensive planning and tracking tools to ensure all reports, investigative reviews and analysis requests are delivered accurately and on time.
- Partner in the establishment of correct reporting methods, channels, and formats for users.
- Participate in large, cross-functional initiatives that involve changes to existing store processes.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Managing and Measuring Work: establishes clear objectives and measures. Monitors and reports on progress and results. Sets benchmarks and ensures accountability.
- Learning on the Fly: learns quickly when facing new problems. Relentless and versatile in the pursuit of creative solutions. Quickly grasps the essence and underlying structure of problems.
- Planning and Priority Setting: juggles multiple competing deadlines and objectives. Focused to ensure critical tasks are prioritized appropriately
- Problem Solving: excels at analysis. Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems. Can see hidden problems.
- Supervises Staff – No
- Decision Making – Yes
- Travel – Up to 10%
Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Bachelors' Degree in Business, Finance, Information Systems or a related field preferred; or equivalent experience.
- 1+ years of retail experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite inclusive of Advanced Microsoft Excel skills. Tableau a plus.
Physical Demands – Environment and Work Conditions
General office environment requiring ability to:
- Stand, walk, sit for extended periods of time
- Speak and listen to others in person and over the phone
- Use keyboard and read from computer screen and reports
- Lift up to 15 lbs.
About Harbor Freight Tools
In 1977, when Harbor Freight Tools was started as a small family-owned business, we made a commitment to provide working people with great quality tools at the lowest prices. And for over 40 years, Harbor Freight Tools has done just that. From hand tools and generators, to air and power tools, from shop equipment to automotive tools, Harbor Freight offers more than 5,000 tools and accessories at quality levels that match or exceed competing brands, but at prices that are up to 80% less.
We're not your typical retailer. We're a team of high-achievers, who have a passion for excellence and continuous improvement and obsess about getting things done. We're also equally committed to doing the right thing and giving back to our community. And for us, collaboration is the golden rule. We're a 40 year-old, $4 billion company with over 30 million loyal customers and growing. If you are looking for a not so ordinary and highly rewarding career opportunity, we would love to talk with you.
Delivering Value to the Hardworking Since 1977
Apply on company website