Ocala Health is seeking a talented surgeon to join their team. Our rapidly growing ACS and State verified Level II trauma program is seeking a fellowship-trained acute care surgeon.
- The incoming surgeon will join a well-established and respected team.
- The 14-person team consists of 7 acute care surgeons and 7 physician assistants.
- Annual trauma admission volume is >3,700 and the surgeons take all general surgery call.
- They oversee a closed surgical ICU which admits up to 34 patients.
- The trauma program also oversees the general surgery residency program as well as surgical critical care fellowship program for the University of Central Florida.
- Applicants who join the group will be given a faculty appointments with both the University of Central Florida and the University of South Florida.
- This practice is a hybrid community and academic based practice.
- Applicants must be board certified or board eligible in both general surgery and surgical critical care.
- Candidates should be clinically comfortable with a broad range of surgical procedures and have an interest in both research and teaching.
- New graduates will be mentored by senior faculty members.
- Competitive compensation
- Great comprehensive and flexible benefits program
- Strong support system
About Ocala Health:
- 2 hospital system (Ocala Regional: 290-beds, West Marion: 186-beds) and 3 freestanding EDs
- The regions only Level II Trauma Center and DNV certified Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Consistent growth and impressive investment in capital improvements for several years
- Growing graduate medical education (GME) partnering with University of Central Florida (UCF) to train the next generation of physicians
Ocala is a remarkable town for raising a family; including top-notch educational options. Marion County boasts winding pathways canopied with oak trees and dangling trellises of Spanish Moss, Silver Springs - Nature's Theme Park, the Ocala National Forest, the rolling green fields of horse farms, historic districts, outstanding golf courses, crystal-clear rivers, and fresh-water springs. Marion County has a population of approximately 365,000 and growing. Ocala is conveniently located one hour from both coasts and one hour north of Orlando.
Ocala Health is seeking a talented surgeon to join their team. Our rapidly growing ACS and State verified Level II trauma program is seeking a f...
Apply on company website