About the Healthfirst Summer Trailblazer Program
The Healthfirst Summer Trailblazer Program is a 10-week paid internship that runs from June 4 through August 10. The aim of the program is to provide an immersive, interactive learning experience that lays a foundation for continued leadership development and success.
Healthfirst Summer Trailblazers:
• Gain hands-on experience
• Learn and hear from Healthfirst leaders
• Receive one-on-one, professional mentorship
• Network with colleagues and build relationships
• Explore the city we and our members call home
All internships are based out of our 100 Church Street offices in Manhattan.
We're looking for energetic, innovative, and passionate candidates to help apply technology driven solutions that improve the healthcare of all New Yorkers. Our Information Technology team utilizes a combination of modern technology frameworks, custom code, and packaged solutions that support our business. The intern will be placed in a meaningful role on a high profile team where they will gain valuable experience as an IT Professional. Examples of role assignments include but are not limited to:
- Building a web based platform utilizing Java or Dot Net that will act as a hub to orchestrate existing automated scripts for generating test data for various applications
- Review and analyze existing test scripts and logically group them for test data generation for different business processes
- Help in identifying the need for new test scripts for comprehensive test data generation suite
- Exposure and coding in HP UFT
In addition to real world experience on projects, candidates will participate in immersive and interactive learning experiences that will serve as the foundation for their careers.
Highlights of the IT :
- Active role on a high profile project allowing you to see the impact of your work
- Building relationships with experts in the field
- Personal relationship with Senior Leadership across IT
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analysis of business needs and technical problems
- Creation of conceptual design for test data generation platform
- Coding and configuring the new test data platform
- Delivery of an internship project and presentation to senior leadership
- Preparation of user manuals or relevant documentation
- Participation in a hack-a-thon
- We would love to review your earlier projects (that you have developed using Java, Dot Net or other languages)
- Majoring in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, or similar degree
- Ability to write and interpret code in one or more programming languages
Undergraduate students must be a junior or senior at an accredited institution or have graduated within 12 months of the program. Graduate students must be enrolled at an accredited institution or have graduated within 12 months of the program.
- Will not require sponsorship for employment
- Eligible to work in the U.S.
- Must have a minimum of a 3.0 GPA from an accredited school
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disability Act or a similar law, and want a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to careers@Healthfirst.org or calling 1-212-801-6000. In your email please include a description of the accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a position within Healthfirst Management Services will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with Healthfirst Management Services.
EEO Law Poster and Supplement
Apply on company website