At HealthPro Heritage we hire people who share our vision, who work diligently and provide the kind of care that will help change patient's lives for the better. As an Associate, your dedication and commitment deserve respect and recognition. If you're looking for a career and straightforward and realistic 'care' expectations, maybe it's time to look at our company.
The Occupational Therapist evaluates and treats residents in accordance with orders of the physician through the use of therapeutic procedures and assistive devices intended to maximize functional potentials in all areas of a resident's life. The Occupational Therapist participates as a member of the interdisciplinary team providing support and information within the area of Occupational Therapy.
1. Review available resident information and evaluate the impact of this information on the assessment and treatment process.
2. Conduct and document a thorough functional assessment of the resident, utilizing standardized procedures. Assessment of home/vocational and equipment needs.
3. Develop and implement an individualized treatment plan based on resident needs and containing achievable functional goals.
4. Comply with evaluation, treatment and documentation guidelines and consistently maintain timely and accurate departmental records.
5. Enter a progress note in the resident record following each treatment session.
6. Revise treatment plans, as needed, throughout the treatment process.
7. Document the course of treatment in a clear, concise discharge summary utilizing a prescribed format.
8. Instruct Assistants in treatment procedures to be utilized and provide close supervision while such staff members are working with residents.
9. Orient residents to program services and treatment procedures appropriate to their needs. Inform residents of any potential risk during any procedure.
10. Work with nursing staff, resident and families to maximize resident's use of functional abilities.
1. Bachelor/Masters of Science degree in Occupational Therapy.
2. Current license/certification in the state of practice.
3. Prefer supervision, training and/or experience in a setting serving the same age/type of resident population served by this facility.
4. Certification, if applicable, and demonstrated competency in identified areas of specialization.
5. Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
6. Demonstrated ability to assess resident needs and develop and implement a comprehensive plan of care.
7. Knowledge of accreditation standards and compliance requirements.
Recruiter : Email Address
Apply on company website