Special Education Teacher - Pediatrics
Join our Pediatric School Based Team, and use your passion for Special Education to help make a difference in a child's life!
- Special Education Teacher - LBS1
- Chicago, IL / 60644
- Covering a scheduled leave from January 27 thru April 2, 2020 with the possibility of extending thru June 11, 2020
- Full Time / 7.5 Hours daily / 37.5 hours weekly
- Co-Teaching 5th grade reading, math, and social studies. A small amount of minutes in reading with one kindergartener.
- LBS1 would not be asked to draft IEPs, but would collaborate with the team for students with IEPs with whom he/she has instructional interaction
We value our Special Education Teachers and their dedication to our mission of making a difference in a child's life. That is why we make it a priority to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package.
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development
- Continuing Education and more!
HealthPRO®/Heritage is a national leading provider of highly skilled Special Education Teachers. We hire Special Education Teachers who share our vision, work diligently, and provide best practices in Special Education that will change children's lives for the better. If you are a passionate, talented teacher who wants to help children across the country, then maybe it is time to look at our company.
The primary purpose of the Special Education Teacher is to plan for student success based on assessed needs of individual students in a school setting. The goal is to help students by using data and information to determine each student's current knowledge and skill level, set student learning goals, and assess student progress within an educational model of practice.
Looking forward to speaking with you!
Kerri Ann Kerley, Recruitment – Pediatric Division, School Team
- Consult and collaborate with School staff and families in regards to students' educational deficits
- Conduct initial screenings as well as comprehensive evaluations Participate in the IEP process in developing present levels of performance, goals and objectives, and treatment recommendations for students qualifying for Special Education services
- Provide Special Education sessions through the use of current best practices based on prescribed services in the IEP
- Maintain all documentation required by the district including, but not limited to, notes, monthly summaries, and annual IEP's
- Must hold a current license to practice in the state of IL
- Have successful experience working with culturally diverse families.
- Assumes responsibility for ongoing continuing education and professional development
Recruiter : Email Address
Apply on company website