At HealthPro Heritage we hire people who share our vision, who work diligently and provide the kind of care that will help change patient's lives for the better. As an Associate, your dedication and commitment deserve respect and recognition. If you're looking for a career and straightforward and realistic 'care' expectations, maybe it's time to look at our company.
The primary purpose of the position is providing and directing speech therapy services to patients which may include pediatric, adult and/or geriatric persons. The goal of helping them reach their maximum performance potential within a medical model of practice shall occur.
- On referral, evaluate the impact of available resident information on the assessment and treatment process.
- Conduct and document a thorough assessment of the resident to determine and diagnose communicative deficits and equipment needs.
- Develop and implement an individualized treatment program based on the initial evaluation and containing achievable functional goals.
- Comply with evaluation, treatment and documentation guidelines, and consistently maintain timely and accurate departmental records.
- Instruct aides in appropriate procedures and provide supervision in accordance with applicable State law.
- Enter a progress note in the resident record following each treatment session.
- Revise the resident's treatment program, as needed, based upon resident performance.
- Document the course of treatment in a clear, concise discharge summary utilizing a prescribed format.
- Orient residents to program services and treatment procedures appropriate to their needs. Inform residents of any potential risk during any procedure.
- Work with nursing staff, resident and families to maximize resident's use of functional abilities.
- Instruct residents and family/other caregiver about therapeutic procedures to be continued by the resident at home following discharge.
- Assist in the referral process when a resident requires additional services following discharge. Maintain current knowledge of community resources.
- Attend and participate, or provide information for rehabilitation team conferences regarding resident progress, problems or needs.
- Attend and participate in other department/facility meetings, as required.
- Master's Degree in Speech and Language Therapy.
- Hold a current Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech- Language Pathology (CCC-SLP) credential offered by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
- Assumes responsibility for ongoing continuing education and professional development
- Must maintain valid state Speech Language Pathology licensure
Recruiter : Email Address
Apply on company website