Summary:Want to join one of the nation's best employers? Interested in providing small and medium sized businesses with solutions that make them grow? Do you like serving customers and care about people? Then maybe Heartland is for you:
We're looking for team members who are excited by our mantra - Entrepreneurs Respectfully Serving Entrepreneurs, and who want to work in a culture built on care, focus and quality.
We need customer-focused, can-do, team-oriented folks who are ok having fun.
The Tax Compliance Specialist is responsible for researching, analyzing and communicating changes to tax and other relevant laws affecting the Heartland payroll system.
What will you be doing?
- Research, analyze, interpret and document tax laws and regulations to enable accurate tax determination and compliance
- Monitor tax statutes, regulations, legislative activity, court decisions and publications on a continuous basis to stay informed of changes in laws and regulations
Implement new content and content changes within applications complete work within prescribed content deadlines
- Design and execute test scenarios to ensure content accuracy and functionality
- Correspond with tax authorities to obtain content requirements
- Collaborate with product and development stakeholders to ensure the payroll and tax systems operate in a compliant manner within prescribed content deadlines
- Create and distribute organizational communication to educate stakeholders on compliance topics.
- Answer compliance questions from specialists, sales and other business stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate complex compliance issues, both orally and in writing.
What are the requirements?
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills required
- Strong research and writing skills
- Customer-service oriented
- Detail oriented, with ability to focus on and comprehend numerical and financial data
- Ability to work under time constraints and meet schedules; at times with unexpected deadlines
- Ability to multi task; interacting with clients and all internal customers or associates, at times simultaneously
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Working knowledge of basic office technology
- Proficient in Windows PC environment with accurate data entry/keyboarding skills
- Associate or Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Previous payroll experience preferred, with working knowledge of payroll, wage and tax laws and regulations
- Customer service experience preferred
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
Apply on company website