Assist the Director of Sales by reaching the agreed upon business travel revenue goals, in particular by soliciting national accounts.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 3+ years of past sales experience preferred.
- Hotel experience preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of market trends, competition and key customers of the hotel.
- Must have experience in business travel at a similar size and quality hotel.
- Must possess computer skills, including, but not limited to, use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Delphi. Advanced knowledge of sales skills, revenue management, training, and motivation of peers.
- Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and long-range planning.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
- Solicit new and existing accounts to meet/exceed business travel revenue goals through telephone prospecting, outside sales calls, site inspections and written communication.
- Advanced level of producing business transient revenue through directly soliciting business via aggressive prospecting, making presentations, developing contracts, negotiating and closing sales.
- Maximize revenue by selling all facets of the hotel, both orally and in written form to previous, current and potential clients.
- Handle account details so that all pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are complete and documented. Coordinate various departments' participation in servicing accounts
- Prepare information for, meet with and entertain clients as deemed appropriate by potential business from that account.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to all departments in the hotel to ensure high quality of service to customers.
- Participate in daily business review meeting, pre-convention meetings, training and other sales-related meetings as required.
- Attend trade shows, community events and industry meetings.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Apply on company website