You can make a salary. Or you can make a difference. Or you can work as a Strategic Accounts Manager I at Herman Miller and make both.
About this Opportunity
As a Strategic Accounts Manager I, you'll be accountable for achieving/exceeding revenue, profit, and market share growth objectives, inclusive of the full Herman Miller family of companies, for targeted strategic accounts in an assigned territory. You will serve as a key contact with customers to develop and establish productive relationships with decision-makers, influencing them by using selling skills to discover/diagnose their needs and deliver world-class solutions.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you . . .
- Hold accountability for achieving assigned goals for sales, orders, shipment volumes, new business, and margin percentage.
- Build and maintain key relationships and present a positive image of Herman Miller companies in the marketplace.
- Conduct all sales activities and processes within the parameters of the Herman Miller companies' processes by strategically utilizing corporately-provided tools and resources.
- Develop and execute a business plan for new and existing accounts and guide relationships with end users, A+D firms, and dealers associated with these accounts.
- Develop and grow assigned strategic accounts in the local market.
- Effectively manage client situations to a positive result, anticipating problems, working with key internal constituents, and developing contingency plans.
- Effectively partner and engage with distribution and commercial partners within their Market Sales Area (Metropolitan Statistical Area - MSA).
- Guide the strategy for assigned accounts to achieve volume goals through the development and maintenance of long-term relationships with select customers, ensuring long-term customer satisfaction.
- Keep current with the account through research to identify possible trigger events to penetrate the account.
- Manage Customer Relationship Management (CRM) information appropriately, provide timely reporting as needed, and manage assigned expense and program budgets.
- Network and manage communication between leadership, dealers, and Field Sales, Marketing, Contracts, and Customer Care Teams.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
- Protect the account from the competition by understanding the competition's position and strategies.
- Provide insight into new trends and modes of work that will make a case for change or help customers realize a need (demand generation).
- Respond to and support opportunities within the account.
- Spend over 75 percent of the time in the field calling on customers, partnering with Territory Sales and dealers to grow relationships, and developing/managing business plans (including necessary overnight travel).
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have . . .
- A Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or a related field. An equivalent level of experience will also be considered.
- At least two years of successful contract/capital goods selling and account management experience (preferred).
- Some knowledge of Herman Miller Healthcare products, services, and culture, as well as the ability to distinguish Herman Miller Healthcare products and services from the competition.
- Selling skills, including account penetration, strategic selling, conceptual selling, issues-based selling, consultative selling, negotiation, and contracts.
- The ability to think strategically and execute tactically.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to collaborate and negotiate.
- The ability to be a strong team player and an assertive self-starter with the self-confidence and ability to represent Herman Miller in a professional manner in order to gain a high level of confidence from a diverse group of customers.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment at all levels of the organization, and the ability to build long-term effective relationships with customers and partners.
- A love for new ideas and a passion for the sales process with an understanding of its foundations and a commitment to actively seek opportunities, calculate risks, and commit to action.
- A demonstrated high level of integrity and business ethics.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication abilities with a strong emphasis on listening.
- A demonstrated ability to effectively use the office automation, communication, software, and tools currently used in the Herman Miller office environment.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.
Apply on company website