You can make a salary. Or you can make a difference. Or you can work as a Territory Manager at Herman Miller and make both.
About this Opportunity
As a Territory Manager, you'll be responsible for driving revenue in an assigned territory and/or market by working with the local dealer and broader Herman Miller Sales Team. You will provide ongoing support to dealers and Herman Miller Sales Teams related to selling efforts and sales strategies.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
- Actively participate in team-based selling activities when appropriate.
- Conduct all sales activities and processes within the parameters of the Herman Miller Sales process, utilizing the corporate tools and resources provided.
- Conduct quarterly reviews with assigned dealers.
- Develop and build sales volume and revenue to a sustainable level.
- Ensure the total sales revenue of assigned dealer(s) within the region, including new projects and existing business.
- Maintain Salesforce Customer Relationship Management (CRM) information so the Region Lead can accurately complete monthly forecasts of expected sales volume by account, product line, etc.
- Manage major projects, including the formulation and communication of a sales strategy and the coordination of necessary resources.
- Manage within the assigned expense budget.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
- Protect accounts from the competition by understanding the competitions' position and nurturing through B2B connections.
- Serve as the key contact with your assigned dealer(s) to cultivate ongoing productive and collaborative relationships with customer decision-makers. You will influence the decision-makers using consultative selling skills to discover, diagnose, and solidify their needs and propose and deliver world-class solutions.
- Work strategically with business partners within Herman Miller North America (HMNA) and utilize the current Regional Operating Agreements.
- Work with and respond to the Customer Buying Team to understand, develop, and bring consensus on the business need.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have...
- A Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or a related field. An equivalent level of experience will also be considered.
- Five or more years of successful contract or capital goods selling experience, preferably including experience as a Dealer Direct Salesperson.
- A thorough knowledge of Herman Miller products, services, and culture, as well as the ability to distinguish Herman Miller products and services from the competition.
- Advanced selling skills, including qualifying prospects, lead generation, new business development, account penetration, strategic selling, conceptual selling, issues-based selling, consultative selling, negotiation, and contracts (closing).
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to collaborate and negotiate.
- The ability to be an assertive self-starter with the self-confidence and ability to represent Herman Miller in a professional manner.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment at all levels of the organization and the ability to build long-term relationships with customers and partners.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication abilities with a strong emphasis on listening.
- Demonstrated high personal performance standards, the desire and ability to continuously learn, and a results-oriented work style.
- A demonstrated high level of integrity and business ethics.
- Financial literacy and business acumen.
- Expertise within a dealer environment with sales planning capabilities.
- A willingness and ability to travel.
- The ability to effectively use the office automation, communication, software, and tools used in the Herman Miller office environment.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.
Apply on company website