*Highland Hospital is seeking a Medical Technologist to join its growing team. Candidates for this role will work Monday - Friday, Nights. Required to work every third weekend as part of Technologist rotation. Some duties include but are not limited to:The Technologist is responsible for timely and accurate test analysis using moderately complex methods and/or instrumentation. Reporting of results for patient samples is often interpretive in nature. Responsible for instrument maintenance, operation of instrumentation, daily quality control and adherence to all laboratory policies.
- Analysis of patient, proficiency samples, and quality control samples using moderately complex instrumentation or methodology.
- Reports results of patient, proficiency samples or quality control using the computer and/or instrument interfaces.
- Able to operate all types of laboratory and computer equipment in 2 of the core areas.
- Performs routine testing operations, operational checks, calibrations, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and remedial maintenance of equipment.
- Receives, identifies, logs, labels, processes and results laboratory specimens using established and documented procedures.
- Calculates and record results, including quality control specimens, referring questionable or inconsistent values to supervisor.
- Aids in maintaining quality control programs by performing determinations, recording data, checking results, taking and documenting corrective action. Reports results of any discrepancies to technical specialist, CLT tech II or Supervisor.
- Refers persistent or difficult problems to section head or in-charge technologist.
- Telephones STAT and /or Critical Tests and Critical Values as required by laboratory policy and procedure.
1. Education: BS in Medical Laboratory Technology or meet NYSDOH requirements for licensure as Clinical Laboratory Technologist.2. Experience: One year as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist preferred.3. License/Certification Required: New York State license or permit for Clinical Laboratory Technologist as determined by regulatory authorities.4. Skills: Can perform laboratory processes. Can prioritize and multi-task.
Apply on company website