*Highland Hospital is seeking a Full Time, Social Worker (MSW) to join its team. Candidates for this role will work Monday - Friday, Days. Some duties include but are not limited to:The Social Worker provides clinical social work services in various components of the Hospital Services, according to identified service need. He/She is responsible for ensuring that the needs of the patients are met and maintained on an individual basis in accordance with policies and procedures.1. Risk Screening and psychosocial assessment via established criteria 2. Collaborates in the plan of care and discharge planning process with the following functions:
- Participates in daily multi-disciplinary health team rounds
- Facilitates identified discharge needs for home discharge patients
- Facilitates placement process for nursing home and other facility discharges including:
- meeting with patient/family to review process and identify long or short term placement options
- facilitating the development of a facility referral packet for potential placement facilities
- negotiating bed offers between facilities and the patient/family
- facilitating any financial concerns related to placement
- facilitates appropriate transfer of patient to facility
- facilitates transition to ALC Unit as appropriate pending hospital d/c
- facilitates acquisition of medications through charitable funding for uninsured or under-insured patients to facilitate discharge
- identifies and addresses any barriers to discharge in collaboration with care team
- Education: MSW required, or have LMSW
- Experience (minimum required): One year in a healthcare setting preferred.
- License/Certification Required: LMSW required within 18 months of hire.
- Skills (to include equipment, software, etc.) Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office products. Excellent communication skills.
Apply on company website