Do you have a gift for caring for Seniors and are you looking to join a team that creates communities that feel like home? We are looking for compassionate and talented team members who have a passion for caring for our Residents. The Manager of Assisted Living Plans, implements, directs and monitors effective Assisted Living processes and systems in accordance with Spectrum's philosophy, policies, resident rights and state regulations. Utilizes effective interpersonal communication and leadership skills to motivate team members in providing quality care and services to promote and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
Spectrum Retirement Communities, LLC. is considered a leader and innovator in senior living. SRC is ranked in the top five senior living companies for excellence by its peers and voted Best of Senior Living by SeniorAdvisor.com. We are a privately held company which operates senior living communities in 10 states from Ohio to Oregon. Celebrating our second decade of operations, we continuously live by our Core Values and fulfill our Mission to create communities that feel like home where residents thrive and relationships grow. For more information or to view other opportunities, visit www.spectrumretirement.com.
Details of each Shift(s)/Hours/Days: Sunday through Thursday
Manager of Assisted Living Primary Job Responsibilities:
- This position reports to the Director of Nursing
- (Assisted Living Resident Assistants report to the Manager of Assisted Living
- In collaboration with the Director of Nursing and other community leaders, recruit, select, supervise, mentor, appraise, educate and counsel team members according to Spectrum policies and procedures
- Provide nursing care to residents, including but not limited to: Completion of health assessments and resident care plans, discussing changes in resident condition with physicians, introduce interventions to reduce falls based on individual resident needs, etc. Also provide medication administration and help with resident care, as needed
- Implement, coordinate and manage person-centered care based on Spectrum's philosophy, mission and core values
- Direct resident well-being according to State regulations to ensure appropriate and acceptable standards of care and adequate staffing
- In collaboration with Director of Nursing, coordinate, complete, and/or review data reports and queries in compliance with Spectrum's Resident Care Quality & Analytics program and protocols
- Accountable for timely assessments and accurate care plans in the electronic health record, plus communication with Business Office Manager any additional cares given for accurate resident billing
- Maintain a working knowledge of state regulations, policies and procedures, dictated for compliance
- Facilitate initial and ongoing training for caregiving team members as well as other community team members as necessary and as applicable based on State-specific regulations as well as Spectrum policies and procedures
- In conjunction with the community's multidisciplinary team, coordinate the resident admission process including screening, assessment, care planning and team assignments
- Ensure appropriate delivery of services as identified in resident care plans by delegating and communicating verbal and written expectations to caregiving team members
- Participate in ongoing resident assessment and determination of care needs as required by State-specific regulations and Spectrum's policies and procedures
- Collaborate with external services providers to ensure the most appropriate and highest level of service is provided to each resident
- Ensure compliance with OSHA, FDA and Fire safety standards relative to clinical systems and resident care
Manager of Assisted Living Educational Requirements:
- Current Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse preferred; candidates will be considered with caregiver certifications beneficial to the community and management experience
- A Bachelor's degree in Nursing, Social Work, Psychology, or Gerontology is preferred
Manager of Assisted Living Work Experience:
- Minimum 1-2 years of management experience in directing/providing special care for seniors and/or persons with dementia preferred
- Has experience in community or long term care settings. Possesses geriatric assessment skills. Is knowledgeable in dementia care
- Has the ability to train staff and to assess systems and implement systems. Is organized and self-directed
- Enhanced qualifications: advanced certification in geriatric care or dementia care
- Meet the State qualifications and training requirements for the position
- Demonstrate ability to schedule staff, orient staff, supply inventory, etc.
The Benefits Program is offered to all Eligible Full-Time Team Members (Salaried and Hourly) and their families:
- Medical; Dental; Vision; Voluntary Insurance (Accident, Disability, Cancer, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity and Life Insurance); HSA or FSA Spending Accounts; 401(K); PTO (Paid Time Off) and Holiday Pay; Tuition Reimbursement
Other benefits offered to ALL Team Members:
- Online personal development courses; Perk Spot discount program for endless discounts at restaurants, local businesses, various retailers and more; lucrative team member referral program; monthly engagement program with free prizes; recognition programs.
Spectrum Retirement Communities, LLC and its affiliated companies are Equal Employment Opportunity employers. We also participate in the E-Verify program, a service of DHS and SSA.
Apply on company website