We are currently seeking an Architect to join our team. As an Architect, you are responsible for exercising independent judgment in evaluation, selection, and use of standard techniques.
- Leads team in planning work and developing solutions to technical and design detail problems.
- Responsible for establishing, maintaining and adherence to project budget and schedule.
- Supervises preparation of technical drawings by other less senior level architects or professionals.
- Prepares client presentations and presents design concepts and drawings.
- Ensures that construction detail documentation conforms to QA/QC and HOK Best Practice standards.
- Incorporates Integrated Sustainable Design solutions into projects.
- Mentors and directs the work of less experienced staff, may participate in professional development; reviews and “Lessons Learned” sessions.
- Fosters and maintains a collaborative professional working relationship with the Project Leadership Team
- Assures the overall strategy for producing documents and organizing data will be followed. This includes incorporating elements in a Building Information Model (BIM) or other 3D model.
- Assures HOK document standards are met and archives documents appropriately.
- Sets up project team software parameters and manages standards.
- Takes personal responsibility for fostering a green workplace through sustainable work practices.
- Communicates with client representatives to verify design requirements and specifications, progress reviews and delivery of final presentation.
- Analyzes and develops approaches to the creation and modification of architectural documents, elevations, sections, details, specifications, etc. ensuring the incorporation of design intent.
- Responsible for technical resolution and coordination for a defined portion of a project.
- Develops solutions to design problems.
- Corrects and updates, making minor adaptations and modifications, to complete working design documents.
- Attends on-site visits, field reviews and project meetings and documents appropriately. Prepares, coordinates and reviews the schedules, submission of shop drawings and samples.
- Responsible for communication with other disciplines, vendors, and contractors to ensure incorporation of all information into project requirements and provide support as necessary.
- Performs product research; assists project designers with material selection and system research.
- Coordinates with project managers, clients, public agencies, consultants and contractors to incorporate engineering systems, respond to requests for information, clarifications, and modifications, and obtain approvals, negotiations and adjusting scope of services.
- Writes reports and memos to consultants and vendors to issue changes and track resolutions.
- Reviews completed reports, plans, estimates and calculations for coordination.
- Participates in team meetings to help resolve project issues, coordination with other disciplines, schedule adherence, and technical issues.
- Participates in project reviews regarding project costs, budgets and adherence to schedule.
- Communicates in a clear, concise, and professional manner at all times, both verbally and in writing and will have regular interface with clients.
- Applies proper QA/QC methods throughout project. May lead this effort.
- Provides support to all team members for specific market, discipline, or other area of expertise.
- May provide assistance in connection with expertise in particular building types, component, material, element, or building code.
- May assist team in construction administration document management.
- May assist Project Manager with defining project work plans.
- Prepares meeting minutes for consultant coordination meetings.
- Possess strong hand and advanced CAD drafting skills.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/Architectural Desktop preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Proficiency in 3D Modeling software such as 3D Studio Max and Viz 2006 preferred.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, and InDesign graphic software preferred.
- Proficiency in Revit preferred.
- Proficiency in NewForma preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of architectural building systems.
- Advanced knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines.
- Advanced knowledge of QA/QC process.
- Advanced knowledge of building codes and ability to research and apply/incorporate into technical documents.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree in architecture or equivalent in education or experience required. Master's degree preferred.
- 5 plus years' experience.
- Licensed Architect with current registration in your region required, if licensure is offered in your region.
- NCARB registration preferred.
- LEED credential required within 6 months of employment.
HOK is a drug-free workplace. HOK is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Apply on company website