HOK is currently seeking a Senior Human Resources Manager to join our team in Houston. As Senior Human Resources Manager, you will be responsible for providing human resources support to our Houston and Dallas practices as well as consulting and advising staff on the implementation of policies and procedures and effective execution of human resources management. The successful candidate will be a leader who will be responsible for taking a hands-on approach and producing the required work.
Experience in Architecture, Engineering and/or Interior Design industry strongly preferred.
- Serves as a key member of the business unit(s) management team. Provides guidance and counsel for the strategic human resources management of the business unit(s).
- Administers plans and programs to create a work environment of high morale and productivity.
- Ensures the implementation and communication of human resources policies, programs and services, including recruitment, selection, retention, legal compliance, employee benefits, employee relations, professional development, and compensation analysis.
- Provides support to managers to ensure consistent and appropriate human resources practices and procedures are being implemented. Provides the appropriate counseling, coaching, and conflict mediation to staff necessary to promote a productive work environment.
- Implements staffing and workforce planning programs. Oversees all aspects of recruitment process including sourcing candidates, screening resumes, conducting interviews, reference checks, and making employment offers.
- Develops and maintains professional relationships with college, university and community college placement offices as a source to generate qualified applicants.
- Coordinates business unit's participation in firm wide campus recruiting program.
- Analyzes and modifies compensation practices to ensure internal equity and external competitiveness.
- Interprets and administers policies, procedures, and programs, while ensuring compliance with applicable Federal and State statutes, and responds to employee relation issues such as employee complaints and harassment allegations. Promotes and integrates affirmative action and diversity efforts into policies and programs.
- Administers training and performance development programs; including orientation and on-boarding for new hires. Trains and coordinates staff on the performance management process.
- Processes all terminations and conducts exit interviews. Analyzes data and makes recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Coordinates employment visa and permanent residency processing.
- Maintains current knowledge and understanding regulations, industry trends, current practices, new developments, and applicable laws regarding human resources policies, programs, and issues.
- Maintains employment files, processes required paperwork, and performs data entry to ensure HR systems containing employment-related data are accurate.
- Works closely with Corporate Human Resources and Payroll for guidance on firm wide related practices and procedure adherence. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures for continuous improvement and the quality of services provided.
- Provides technical advice and knowledge to other human resources professionals within the firm wide human resources discipline.
- Participates in local or state professional associations, maintains active membership, and attends conferences for continued education and growth.
- Takes personal responsibility for fostering a green workplace through sustainable work practices.
- May also be responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of human resources policies, programs and services including; recruitment, selection, retention, legal compliance, employee benefits, employee relations, and employment practices dependent on state, province or country specific requirements.
- Fosters a commitment to external and internal customer service.
- Advanced knowledge of the principles and practices of human resources administration; knowledge of sound techniques in all aspects of human resources management.
- Advanced knowledge in key areas of management and leadership including: relationship management, communication, staff direction and motivation, and budgeting.
- Ability to create and maintain a collaborative team environment; to build relationships and effectively work with all levels of employees.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing. Possesses strong influencing skills as well as the ability to present complex situations in a clear and simple way.
- Ability to coach managers and employees through complex, difficult, and emotional issues. Demonstrates the capacity to manage changing priorities and ambiguity while remaining calm and controlled.
- Ability to maintain high degree of confidentiality and strong adherence to the practice of business ethics.
- Ability to manage projects by maintaining direction and focus through proactive planning, organized approaches to work and effectively meeting deadlines.
- Advanced knowledge of interviewing techniques and experience in application.
- Advanced knowledge of internet sourcing strategies and direct sourcing techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of federal and state employment law.
- Ability to work efficiently and within an organized manner.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Proficiency in ADP and SilkRoad preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in human resources management, organizational development, business management or other related field of study.
- 10+ years' human resources management experience required.
- Professional Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional Human Resources (SPHR) certification preferred.
Apply on company website