The Systems analyst designs new IT solutions to improve business efficiency and productivity. Working closely with the client, they examine existing business models and the flows of data in the business to identify opportunities. They discuss their findings with the client, and then identify an appropriate improved IT solution. Review computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations to determine if a requested program or program change is possible within existing system. Studies industry available and existing information processing systems to evaluate effectiveness and develops new systems to improve production or workflow as required. Prepares workflow charts and diagrams to specify detail operations to be performed by equipment and computer programs and operations to be performed by personnel in system. Conducts studies pertaining to development of new information systems to meet current and projected needs. The Systems Analyst participates in activities required for successful implementation, maintenance,
and support of the administrative, ambulatory, and/or clinical systems. Learns user functions, organization and role in the enterprise to the extent required for providing adequate end user support. Provides on-call coverage as needed.
Project management tasks include project planning; system design, build and testing; end user training and pre-live planning; and system live and support transition. Analyzes source and content of data. Works with consultants and vendors as required. Works closely with help desk, network/technical support, operations and other IS support personnel for troubleshooting and coordinating plans for software upgrades and the installation of new products.
- Non Licensed Healthcare professionals must have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Information Systems or a similar field of study.
- Licensed Healthcare Professionals must have a minimum of 2 years continuing education and must possess a certificate, license or degree in their field of study.
- 5 – 7 years of related IT experience
- Master's Degree
- 7 to 10 years of related IT experience; and/or equivalent IT certifications
Core Job Responsibilities
- producing project feasibility reports
- translating client requirements into highly specified project briefs
- identifying options for potential solutions and assessing them for both technical and business suitability
- creating logical and innovative solutions to complex problems
- drawing up specific proposals for modified or replacement systems
- presenting proposals to clients
- working closely with developers and a variety of end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction
- ensuring that budgets are adhered to and deadlines met
- drawing up a testing schedule for the complete system
- overseeing the implementation of a new system
- planning and working flexibly to a deadline
- writing user manuals
- providing training to users of a new system
- keeping up to date with technical as well as industry sector developments
- developing custom reports
- managing enterprise wide projects including budget, tasks, and integration
- Maintains the vendor supported version of application(s) per role as Primary Analyst.
- Maintains Vendor supported Certifications.
- Coordinates implementation of additional interfaces for inbound & outbound to support integration.
- Understands and complies with relevant Information security policies, procedures, standards and guidelines as disseminated by their supervisors or directly by SRHS Information security steering committee.
- Respond to tickets submitted in Remedy
- Works diligently to become an expert in new areas beneficial to SRHS's needs (i.e. integration of applications, works with customers to gain an understanding of department processes / workflows).
Apply on company website