LAB TECHNICIAN - MICROBIOLOGY LAB - RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT
To save time applying, Hormel Foods does not offer sponsorship of job applicants for employment-based visas for this position at this time.
ABOUT HORMEL FOODS -- Inspired People. Inspired Food.™
Hormel Foods Corporation, based in Austin, Minn., is a global branded food company with over $9 billion in annual revenues across more than 80 countries worldwide. Its brands include SKIPPY®, SPAM®, Hormel® Natural Choice®, Applegate®, Justin's®, Wholly Guacamole®, Hormel® Black Label®, Columbus® and more than 30 other beloved brands. The company is a member of the S&P 500 Index and the S&P 500 Dividend Aristocrats, was named one of "The 100 Best Corporate Citizens" by Corporate Responsibility Magazine for the 10th year in a row, and has received numerous other awards and accolades for its corporate responsibility and community service efforts. In 2016, the company celebrated its 125th anniversary and announced its new vision for the future -- Inspired People. Inspired Food.™ -- focusing on its legacy of innovation. For more information, visit www.hormelfoods.com and http://csr.hormelfoods.com/.
- Works with an intermediate degree of supervision and sometimes direct supervision.
- Performs assays in the general micro lab that include mostly non-pathogen organisms.
- Conducts Quality Control procedures for laboratory as assigned.
- Initiates and participates in Corrective Action Requests, Method Validation Projects, and Continuous Improvement Projects.
- Maintains Quality Control and ISO records as assigned.
- May assist with the administrative duties, such as, safety audits, obtaining COAs, and ordering supplies and chemicals.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including responsibilities in other areas of Research and Development.
- Successful completion of post-secondary education in a lab based, scientific discipline.
- Demonstrated basic lab skills including aseptic technique, quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Strong math skills.
- Good computer skills including Lotus Notes, Excel, Word, LIMS or equivalents.
- Demonstrated ability to perform independent or group work.
- Good communication skills.
- Must be capable of standing for extended periods of time, handle strong odors and may, on occasion, lift up to 50 lbs.
- 1-2 years of laboratory experience.
- Knowledge of Laboratory Quality Systems and Root Cause Analyses skills.
Hormel Foods Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Apply on company website