Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
The Practice Evaluation Analyst is responsible for collecting, categorizing and analyzing data related to the potential new physician employees within TMH Physician Organization (TMHPO) and Houston Methodist Primary Care Group (HMPCG). The Analyst is responsible for making recommendations on compensation and operational changes to match TMHPO and MPCG standards. Additionally the Analyst will perform compensation analysis on currently employed physicians and make recommendations.
At Houston Methodist, the Sr. Financial Analyst is responsible for maintaining and analyzing data related to the financial performance of the organization and individual departments. The Analyst is also responsible for compiling and reporting information as requested by Financial Accounting, Internal Audit and management. Other responsibilities include the assistance with annual operating budgets and maintenance of a monthly dashboard of key indicators and external benchmarks.
HOUSTON METHODIST EXPERIENCE EXPECTATIONS
o Provide personalized care and service by consistently demonstrating our I CARE values:
- INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
- COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
- RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
- EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
o Focuses on patient/customer safety
o Delivers personalized service using HM Service Standards
o Provides for exceptional patient/customer experiences by following our Standards of Practice of always using Positive Language (AIDET, Managing Up, Key Words)
o Intentionally rounds with patients/customers to ensure their needs are being met
o Involves patients (customers) in shift/handoff reports by enabling their participation in their plan of care as applicable to the given job
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
PEOPLE - 10 %
1. Interacts with all levels of personnel within the department, other institutional departments, as well as outside companies to resolve problems/errors or questions regarding basic accounting reconciliation items.
SERVICE 30 %
1. Produces monthly financial reports for chairman and administrator or grant manager, to include montly report of expenditures, transfer of funds from various support centers. Provides other necessary reports to individual physicians or faculty as requested.
2. Trains and monitors administrative staff on account reconciliation process and procedures.
3. Assists department administrator and faculty members in developing and managing the clinical/research departmental budget and provides related budgetary and financial reports.
4. For Research: Prepares grant and contract budget proposals as needed. Oversees the department¿s financial files for all grant and donor funding.
5. For Research: verifies all faculty, staff and research personnel are charged to the correct grant sources.
QUALITY/SAFETY - 10
1. Reviews revenue projections, budget revisions, etc. for physician practice and/or for academic department.
FINANCE - 40 %
1. Assists in the preparation of the annual budget for the department.
2. Prepares profit and loss statements for clinical departmental divisions utilizing information from departmental billing system and hospital accounting system.
3. Provides monthly financial reports on clinical operations or research grants, including preparation of monthly spreadsheets, budget variance reports and reconciliation reports for departmental cost centers. Reviews monthly expenditures across all departmental divisions.
4. For Physician Organization: Review contracts/calculate provider productivity bonuses/compensation models.
5. For Research: Performs audit review of grant payment status as requested.
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 10 %
1. Develops and maintains procedures for reconciliation process.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
o Graduate of education program approved by the credentialing body for the required credential(s) indicated below in the Certificates, Licenses and Registrations section.
o BBA, BS or BA with a major in Accounting, or related degree is required.
o Minimum 5 years of financial analysis experience in health care environment.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
o Demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills, competency assessments, and performance evaluations.
o Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security.
o Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Houston Methodist Specialty Physician Group - As one of the nation's leading hospitals and academic medical centers Houston Methodist has brought together some of the nation's leading experts in multiple specialties to serve our patients. As part of Houston Methodist Specialty Physician Group (HMSPG), these specialists not only provide excellent clinical care, but are on the forefront of research, developing leading-edge technologies and treatments, and teaching the medical pioneers of tomorrow. This combination of clinical service, research and academics ensures patients have access to the latest in treatments and technologies while providing the best in comprehensive patient care. Established as a non-profit corporation and certified by the Texas State Board of Medical Examiners, HMSPG enables physicians to maintain autonomy with respect to their clinical practice while growing their practice within an academic environment.
Apply on company website