Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
The NTW Communications Specialist will provide key support to the marketing , communications and public relations director in the areas of executive communications, media relations and press releases, Leading Medicine Magazine, and internal communications, including the employee newsletter and web writing. The NTW Communications Specialist must have a strong interest in internal communications, media relations, excellent writing and creative skills, and the ability to tailor messages for a range of different audiences, both internal and external.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
Select the applicable age group(s) of primary customers/patients served by this position.
-Neonate (Birth to 28 days)
-Infants/Toddlers (29 days to 18 months)
-Toddler (18 months to 3 years)
-Preschooler (3-6 years)
-School Age (6-12 years)
-Adolescence (12-18 years)
-Young Adult (19-40 Years)
-Middle Adult (40-65 Years)
-Mature Adult (65 years and older)
ICARE VALUES (20%)
System and department specific ICARE values
INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
Duties and Responsibilities are cross-referenced to the hospital¿s Pillars of Excellence and will be transferred to the Performance Evaluation. Please include % breakout of tasks/essential functions.
1. Support internal communications team with assigned projects such as HR projects, Methodist Experience communications, and other internal projects as assigned.
2. Schedules onsite media tours with local editors and publishers of media outlets
1. Manage hospital sponsorships and track the fulfillment of each sponsorship to ensure Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital is obtaining the maximum value.
1. Write executive leadership communications which include correspondences as assigned, which includes, but is not limited to, thank you notes, emails, memos and talking points
2. Prepare hospital award entries
3. Support social media sites (Facebook)
1. Assist marketing, communications and public relations director with production of The Weekly Beat and The Pulse, a monthly employee newsletter
2. Write for Leading Medicine magazine and assist with production management of the publication
1. Develop, implement and measure a comprehensive communication plan for Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital
2. Coordinates public relations and media relations by submitting at least three press releases per week
This position description is not intended to be all inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required. The Houston Methodist Hospital reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Bachelors in journalism, public relations or communications preferred.
At least one year of experience in communications or documented success in a marketing and communications internship
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Please list below the required and optional Licenses, Certifications and Registrations. If multiple licenses/certs/registrations are available specify the preferred license/cert for the job.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Since 1998, Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital has been serving Fort Bend and the surrounding counties. Residents have come to rely on a level of compassionate care and leading-edge technology that was once available only in the Texas Medical Center. With 243 licensed beds, 20 operating rooms and over 1,900 employees, Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital was designed to provide comprehensive, personalized care for the community.
Apply on company website