Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: Full Time
Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital is seeking a Director of Imaging and Diagnostic Services.
The Director of Imaging is responsible for the 24-hour management of Computed Tomography, Radiology, Ultrasound, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Nuclear Medicine, PACS, Non-Invasive Cardiology, EEG, Breast Center and other radiology modalities or services. This includes short and long term planning, program and staff development, resource and budget management, quality monitoring and improvement, strategic planning, and evaluation of policies and procedures to ensure quality patient care and patient satisfaction. Maintains clinical and management knowledge to advance the profession and utilizes team leadership within the department to accomplish these goals. Works in cooperation and under the direction of the Medical Director of Imaging to meet all regulation and accreditation standards. May assume temporary management responsibility for other clinical areas as needed. The Director practices patient and family centered care in concert with the Hospital`s values of Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates the ability to guide and direct others toward goal setting. Assumes leadership position to ensure seamless, quality, family centered care throughout the health-illness continuum. Actively participates and leads initiatives to improve patient and hospital operations. Delegates effectively by entrusting responsibility and authority to others. Leads change. Leads through vision and values. Values diversity. Exhibits adaptability.
- Sets goals and objectives and develops an implementation system to reach those goals. Ensures creative and futuristic planning for health care delivery. Collaborates with medical staff, executives, hospital leaders, and hospital staff to assure goals are in congruence. Utilizes business acumen. Drives for results. Sets specific goals and objectives
- Integrates current knowledge of all areas of responsibility and management theories and concepts into the practice environment. Establishes goals for own professional growth including participation in professional organizations. Serves as an internal expert to the organization and develops and implements training programs for staff. Develops others. Exhibits empowerment of staff.
- Obtains and manages human, financial and physical resources. Develops and maintains budgets (operational and capital). Provides overall management of human resources within areas of responsibility. Utilizes monitoring and trending data to provide appropriate cost effective patient care which is in concert with the philosophy of the Hospital. Works within budget allocation. Ensures employee satisfaction. Efficiently utilizes staffing resources
- Ensures the exchange of information (written and verbal) and ideas is timely, effective, and respectful. Informs executive management of pertinent information. Acts as the communication link between management, staff, and outside agents as needed. Prepares reports that are professionally written and provides an accurate interpretation of the information. Builds trust. Communicates with impact. Develops Strategic Relationships. Exhibits Interpersonal Sensitivity Utilizes organizational savvy
- Demonstrates the components of the ICARE values statement (Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence)and complies with Business Practice Standards for performance.
- Leads and fosters a safety culture. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports all accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Communicates with peers and management regarding any hazards identified in the workplace.
- Demonstrates ServicePRIDE standards.
- Masters degree preferred, Bachelors Degree required.
- 6 - 8 years of health care management experience preferred, 2 of which must have involved managerial responsibility in radiology services; including, Radiology Information Systems and Picture Archiving Communication Systems.
- Experience maybe substituted for part of the education requirement as appropriate.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT)
- Texas Department of Health (TDH)
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) through American Heart Association
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Must be able to write and speak effectively in English.
- Must demonstrate interpersonal skills with all levels of the healthcare team.
- Patient care unit. Universal precautions required.
- Extended periods of walking and standing required.
- Minimal lifting, pushing and pulling required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Since 1998, Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital has been serving Fort Bend and the surrounding counties. Residents have come to rely on a level of compassionate care and leading-edge technology that was once available only in the Texas Medical Center. With 243 licensed beds, 20 operating rooms and over 1,900 employees, Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital was designed to provide comprehensive, personalized care for the community.
Apply on company website