Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
The Project Manager II (PM II) initiates, defines and manages very high-profile projects of considerable complexity and will set the strategic direction for the assigned area of responsibility. Presents business models that solve operational and financial problems for multiple departments. The PM II will lead, coordinate, and complete projects with minimal supervision, develop meaningful reports to support business activities, and communicate professionally and persuasively verbally and in writing.
System and department specific ICARE values
INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
Duties and Responsibilities are cross-referenced to the hospital's Pillars of Excellence and will be transferred to the Performance Evaluation.
PEOPLE - 20%
1. Generate support and commitment to new ideas and their implementation
2. Effectively communicates project initiatives and change management activities
1. Utilizes department resources/supplies efficiently
2. Provides financial decision support and recommends improvements to the business model. Leads the development and management of operational and capital budgets.
QUALITY/SAFETY - 30%
1. Operationalize strategic plans with timely execution of project/program deliverables.
2. Performs data management and analysis
SERVICE - 20%
1. Establishes practices that meet or exceed customer expectations and fosters a customer focused environment
2. Responsible for directing, developing, and implementing operational projects as assigned
1. Analyzes and assesses present and future needs, trends, challenges, and opportunities related to hospital operations
2. Participate in strategic planning for designated areas
This position description is not intended to be all inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required. The Houston Methodist Hospital reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS Bachelor's degree in related discipline; MHA, MBA preferred. EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS 5 years of experience in related discipline to include 5 years of experience managing multiple, highly complex projects that are high profile in nature. (MBA or MHA accepted in lieu of 2 of the years of non-project experience. MBA or MHA combined with HM Fellow satisfies all experience requirements.) CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED None KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security.
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles.
- Ability to effectively manage change.
- Ability to successfully influence others.
- Ability to work under pressure and balance many competing priorities.
- Professional handling of exposure to confidential/sensitive information.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; experienced in pulling data and creating reports.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in spreadsheet, word processing and presentation software.
- Ability to support teamwork and maintain a positive and supportive attitude.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Since its founding in 1919, Houston Methodist Hospital has earned worldwide recognition. Houston Methodist Hospital is affiliated with the Weill Medical College of Cornell University and New York-Presbyterian Hospital, one of the nation's leading centers for medical education and research. Houston Methodist is consistently ranked in U.S. News & World Report's “Best Hospital” list and was recently named the number one hospital in Texas. FORTUNE magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of “100 Best Companies To Work For” since 2006. Houston Methodist Hospital directs millions of research dollars into patient care and offers the latest innovations in medical, surgical and diagnostic techniques. With 1,119 licensed beds, 67 operating rooms and over 6,000 employees, Houston Methodist offers complete care for patients from around the world.
Apply on company website