Academic Faculty Opportunities For Generalists and Subspecialists
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Howard University, College of Medicine is seeking multiple full-time faculties to join a dynamic and expanding department to provide comprehensive women's health services in Washington, DC. These include:
- General Obstetrician and Gynecologist
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine Specialist
- Gynecologic Oncologist
Howard University, College of Medicine recently celebrated 150 years of excellence in education, service and research, and Howard University Hospital has served as the foundation for many of the nation's top physicians and provide superior services to minorities and the underserved population around the Washington, DC area. This year Howard University Hospital partnered with Adventist HealthCare, further strengthening our mission and commitment to better serve the community. Howard University, College of Medicine provides ample opportunities in faculty career development including:
- NIH-HOWARD Intramural Research Collaboration (NIH-HUIRC) supporting Early Stage/Junior Faculty through mentorship, research collaboration, training, and equipment use. Qualified applicants, ultimately will become seasoned investigators and acquire skills necessary to obtain external grants and increase scholarly productivity.
- Potential joint appointment at the NICHD
- The Georgetown-Howard Universities Center for Clinical and Translational Sciences is founded upon the principles of the NIH Clinical and Translational Science Award Program (CTSA)
- Bridge Fund/Pilot Study Program is available to support individuals who have demonstrated or show promise of developing an academic research program
- Research Centers in Minority Institutions
- The Chair Leadership Academy
- The Junior Faculty Forum
Candidates must be board eligible or board certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology, Maternal-Fetal medicine, or Gynecologic Oncology. Salary and academic rank will be commensurate with experience and qualifications that meet the criteria established by the College of Medicine Appointment, Promotion, and Tenure Committee. The District of Columbia Health Professional Loan Repayment (HPLRP) provides up to $150,000 over four years to qualified candidates.
Applications will be handled confidentially. Interested individuals can send a letter of interest and curriculum vitae to:
Guoyang Luo, MD, Ph.D.
Professor & Chair, Obstetrics & Gynecology
Howard University, College of Medicine
2041 Georgia Avenue NW, Suite 3C34
Washington, DC 20060
Phone: 202 865-7671
Fax: 202 865-4174
Academic Faculty Opportunities For Generalists and SubspecialistsThe Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Howard University, Colleg...
Apply on company website