Job Description Details
Under the general supervision of the Senior Editor, writes online product copy that informs and engages the customer, and writes product information for use by hosts and customer service that accurately reflects the products and product benefits.
Day in the Life
- Develops engaging, persuasive, and benefit-driven online product descriptions across a variety of categories. Convey the voice of the HSN brand in all product descriptions.
- Self edits for grammar, spelling, content accuracy, and brand voice.
- Develops topline product names for TV and digital that align with established SEO best practices.
- Implements established writing policies, styles, procedures, and standards.
- Works in conjunction with Customer Service, Quality Assurance, Legal, Merchandise Division, eMarketing, Live Show and other internal teams to create final written product descriptions that serve the customer, reflect the HSN brand, drive buying behavior, have accurate information, and meet required FTC compliances.
- Masters multiple software systems, including both industry-wide and proprietary databases.
- Prioritizes and completes work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, managing the timely production of copy to meet internal and external deadlines.
- Fosters creativity and encourages professional development by maintaining a positive, productive working attitude that champions the HSN Difference.
- Reviews and revises product toplines and descriptions as needed.
- Uses established guidelines and systems to enter product information for use by hosts and customer service.
- Assists in on-boarding and training of new writers, cross-training team members, and sharing training protocols and documents.
- Partners with manager in the creation of goals and opportunities.
- Performs various copywriting, editing and data entry duties associated with HSN online and blue card product descriptions. Adheres to style guidelines, upholds required compliances, and aligns with the brand voice.
- Actively participates in regular 1:1 and team meetings. Partners with manager for goal setting and annual evaluation process, including regular performance reviews.
- Performs fact-checking and inquiry duties to ensure accuracy and completeness of message and information delivered. Updates information throughout all systems as necessary.
- Attends meetings as required. Provides accurate metric information that reflects completed work.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned, including variant creation, matrices, rebates, VOD descriptions, topline changes and brand marketing statements.
- Bachelor's Degree in English, Communications, or related field required.
- 2+ years post-educational corporate, agency, or relevant copy experience.
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills, with a confident command of spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Strong attention to detail and an eye for consistency.
- Ensures that copy accurately reflects the product and HSN Brand in ways that grow HSN's customer count and spend.
- Ability to comprehend complicated systems and work in a technical, dynamic workplace; understand departmental requirements; and maintain product data in systems designed specifically for this purpose. Strong PC skills, including Microsoft Word and Outlook, as well as proprietary software.
- Exercises sound judgment during course of workaday interactions.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with ever-changing priorities and demands.
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves.”
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer).
For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com. For more information, please visit corporate.hsn.com, or follow @HSN on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.
Apply on company website