Job Description Details
Business Unit Summary
Experienced technology professional managing, designing & supporting multiple components of the technology platforms.
A Day in the Life
- Provides first/second level support for responsible database platforms and technologies.
- Evaluates new technologies relative to responsible domains
- Makes recommendations for optimal performance and reliability of database systems
- Works independently with limited guidance, escalating when appropriate
- Understands the impacts of regulatory and compliance laws and policies and operates within those constraints.
- Works collaboratively, building and sharing knowledge and documentation with the broader platform team.
Keys to Success
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- BS in Computer Science or related fields, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of related experience
- Oracle Database administration
- Oracle Exadata platform administration
- NoSQL database experience (Couchbase preferred)
- Configuration management using Puppet
- Cloud exposure (multiple cloud service providers preferred)
- Understanding of Unix shell scripting, Python, PL/SQL
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves.”
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer).
For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com. For more information, please visit corporate.hsn.com, or follow @HSN on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.
Apply on company website