HSN is looking for a strategic beauty leader to drive our HSN Beauty buying organization! In this exciting leader role you will identify and negotiate price and terms, buying, develop and execute new products, concepts, shows, and ideas that will be successful in Retail and which meet or exceed the expectations of our customers. HSN's beauty consists of Skincare, Color Cosmetics, Haircare Tools and Devices, Bath and Body and much more. The DMM of beauty will oversee all buying office strategies via the HSN on air and digital platform executing short and long term business goals to drive in-year and in-season strategy.
Who We Are
HSN in partnership with QVC are considered the world's leading video and eCommerce retailers and we are building a World Class Merchandising Organization. Our Beauty team has a blend of prestige national brands in addition to some of the most specialist indie brands in industry. Based in Saint Petersburg, FL we offer a wonderful lifestyle near the best beaches around.Your Impact Setting Strategy
- Develop and deliver multi-platform short and long range business plans that meet or exceed the category's financial goals
- Develop multi-platform plans that will deliver sales, productivity adjusted gross margin, TSV/TS achievement rates and inventory plans. Identify areas of growth while managing areas of risk
- Assist in the development of the category vision for the team, not only for direct team, but also for cross-functional teams
- Seek and analyze data from a variety of sources to support decisions and align others with the overall business strategy
- Drive innovation. Develop an entrepreneurial and creative approach to developing new, innovative ideas that will deliver results. Accelerate product discovery. Lean into emerging categories and product adjacencies
- Set and deliver clear goals while committing to the category improved performance.
- Accountable for delivering results.
- Work with cross functional partners in the development and execution of brand and product strategies and react to short term business results.
- Drive a compelling item business with strategies of identifying, developing and building brand growth.
- Develop high-performing Buying teams guided by the World Class Merchandising Differentiators.
- Attract, recruit, develop talent, motivate the team, delegate effectively, celebrate diversity within the team and manage performance. Strong developer of future DMM's and Merchandising talent.
- Create a coaching and feedback rich environment by supporting the team's development.
- Lead with the QRG guiding principles.
Relationships – Partnerships to Drive Business Results
- Build strong internal relationships with cross-functional partners at various levels to drive business results and impact change.
- Build strong vendor relationships at the senior level.
- Develop external industry relationships and networks to raise awareness, shape the image and enhance the position of QVC, HSN in the marketplace.
- Lead strategic business negotiations and discussions with vendors. For example, the Product, Productivity and Growth (PPG) initiative to deliver the committed product savings.
- Develop strong relationships with Category Strategy and Business Development and Product Development Teams to develop business and product strategies.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent business experience preferred.
- Minimum eight years experience in a retail environment, preferably leading a buying group. Minimum five years experience in managing/leading others.
- Communicate long-term and seasonal Brand merchandising strategies in order to focus the merchandising team towards a common goal.
- Act as the cross-functional team lead to ensure that innovative ideas are surfaced and acted upon, and that the team is empowered to own the
- Motivate and inspire both large and small audiences during daily interactions.
- Partner with the internal platform, ecommerce and other partners to ensure that Product stores are clearly communicated and meet brand vision.
- Beauty Expertise strongly preferred.
Apply on company website