As part of the IT organization, the Release Engineering team ensures the quality, reliability and stability of production systems / websites. The team engages with software developers and platform and infrastructure engineers to integrate software development and delivery from inception to full operation, ensuring robust released software and systems. Release Engineers participate in analyzing technical requirements of applications to ensure systems provide required availability, latency, scalability and efficiency, and execute the release of new software and systems.
Job Description Details
A Day in the Life
- Support Development & Test environments, including troubleshooting of incidents.
- Build the tools and systems that help Dev, QA and Operations teams to deliver high-quality software in a very fast paced environment.
- Execute all manual code deployments.
- Maintain and execute automated deployments.
- Proactively investigate new opportunities for automation across the SDLC of agile and hybrid teams.
- Partner with platform engineering team to ensure CI/CD pipelines.
- Create/maintain documentation of application environments (workflows, procedures, etc.).
- Perform Release Management function for multiple apps dev teams including scheduling, and providing risk and impact analysis.
- Develop and automate standard operating procedures around common failure scenarios (e.g. scripted/automated rollback, failovers, escalation procedures, etc.).
- Responsible for ensuring non-functional requirements are met before deploying each release and certify the release for completeness for these requirements as part of Quality Assurance.
Keys to Success
If you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- BS in Computer Science or related fields, or equivalent experience and at least 2 years of experience in the following:
- Strong background with source control systems including Git and TFVC.
- Strong knowledge in Web and Database administration including IIS and MS SQL Server.
- Strong knowledge of Unix and Linux OS and shell scripting
- Strong problem solving, analytical, organizational, and communication skills.
- Supporting Dev or IT operations on a Microsoft platform.
- Experience with deployment, scripting and automation.
- Scripting experience in Powershell, Python, Perl, etc.
- Continuous Integration and Deployment tools such as Team Foundation Server, Jenkins, SonarQube, Fortify, Xunit, Junit, XL Deploy, etc.
- Maintaining and integrating with third party applications like TFS, Cherwell, XL Release.
- Experience in creating or migrating infrastructure to the cloud using AWS, Azure, etc.
- Understanding concepts such as Infrastructure as Code, IaaS.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service.
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer).
For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com. For more information, please visit corporate.hsn.com, or follow @HSN on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.
Apply on company website