Are you a creative individual? Do you have interior design, prop styling or set dressing experience? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you as a Scenic Stylist! In this role, you will work with other creative stylist in the planning and execution of the daily scenic styling needs for the HSN live broadcast.
Job Description Details
The Scenic Stylist ensures that all sets are properly styled to support product sells, branding, and proper HSN image. This includes requisition of appropriate props and/or styling needs for particular shows, making sure sets are air-worthy and giving sets a final review before going on air.
Day in the Life
- Responsible for buying, maintaining, tracking, organizing and storing all accessories and props for each project/production. This could also include working with the Merchandising Team to obtain samples needed to dress set and returning them when complete.
- Help design, construct, and style-out sets for use in productions, which includes: steaming clothes or fabrics; styling and setting accessories; dressing models; adjusting props, set dressing, and scenic pieces; create flower arrangements; and food styling (if food stylist is not available).
- Creates presentations for design themes, color, furniture selection etc. for upcoming projects (typically 1 month out) and present for approval; must work through any revisions in approval process.
- Scout and assess production needs for shoots on location, and communicate concerns, needs, and budget requirements for scope of project.
- Work within the scenic and props budget for each project: tracking receipts and turning in completed budget information/invoices at the end of the project
- Attends to the visual needs of the set prior and during production.
- Responsible for striking (takedown) set dressing as well as inventorying used props storage and returning unused props for refund.
- Maintains resource library with sets/props department, to include cataloguing images of sets used for projects in the Creative Stylist Folders.
- Research current trends in fashion, interior design etc. for set designs.
**In order to be considered you must include a link to, or attachment of, your portfolio **
- 2 years of experience in film/television set design and construction; retail/residential interior design; promotional and/or print styling.
- Great visual sensibility/aesthetics and able to communicate creative ideas into 3D form (storyboard, mood board, or sketches).
- Ability to adapt styling skills to fit HSN objectives and maintain consistency of the theme/tone throughout an event or project.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point
- Valid Florida Driver's License
- Flexibility to work various shifts
- Ability to lift, push, pull, carry up to 35lbs
- Ability to sit or stand for long period
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves”.
Nice to Haves
- Able to multi-task projects with specific deadlines
- Able to maintain a good working relationship with a diverse group of individuals and personalities
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Works either individually or as part of a team
- Able to incorporate knowledge of sell needs, brand needs and camera requirements when dressing a set or an event/shoot
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer).
For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com. For more information, please visit corporate.hsn.com, or follow @HSN on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.
Apply on company website